Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacking/Bluring out a stationary part of a video

Options
  • 19-03-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Ok i have someones name in a video i have. Its in a fixed location for the duration of a clip.
    I just wish to put a simple black or blurred box over this name for the clip. Video is in raw avi format.

Software i have at my disposal is Cyberlink power director 7.

Any links to any tutorials on think kind of think would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

if you can upload it somewhere and send me the link ill do it for ya no probs, will only take a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

its a 3gig clip. :)

id rather learn. if you can give me some quick tips.

ok never mind ive worked it out.

Ive done it by adding a picture in picture track of just a black JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

No worries, I probably would have just done it in after Effects. Im not much of a tutor buts heres the general steps Id have taken if that helps. Firstly duplicate the video on a second layer, then mask off the section of video that has the name you want to hide. This allows you to edit the top layer and the only part that appears effected is the region you have masked. Blur out the mask layer to the point where the name/logo is no longer visable. Feather the mask out so the blurred region blends in with the background video layer. Thats it really. I dont know if you have much AE experience so that may or may not make sense.

nope have no experience video editing at all.
    this is the first attempt at anything.

the PIP track worked out quite well but i can see where your idea would work better if it wasnt just a rectangle that i needed to get rid of but some more complex shape.

• Advertisement
Advertisement