Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling with a cold

• 19-03-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Have bit of a head cold at the moment but dont really want to miss my saturday spin the only day i can get a decent run in. My question is is it worth it am i just setting myself up for a longer spell off the bike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

just listen to your body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Speaking as someone who put himself off the bike for a season through not listening to what his body was telling him, I'm all for resting when the body is putting its hand up.

On the other side, a head cold hasn't made it's way to the chest and so isn't as serious. (for me, it always makes its way to my chest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

rest up. been fighting off a cold myself for the last 2 weeks and cannot shake it off completely. Definately gets worse after excersise so think the best option is to just rest until its completely gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

A rule of thumb is if you feel any symptoms below the level of the neck then don't exercise at all.
    If it's just symptoms in your head the it's ok to exercise but no intense stuff and try to keep HR below 70% of your max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

have a small cold too. went out yesterday and wednesday and felt alot better after a few hours on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

thanks a lot guys think ill try a spin as long as its dry i assume a soaking wouldnt help, ill keep it flat and easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

RobFowl wrote: »
    ... if you feel any symptoms below the level of the neck then don't exercise at all.

+1. I got this advice last year at the start of the season, ignored it, and spent the next 4 weeks off the bike.
    If it's in your chest stay at home.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    A rule of thumb is if you feel any symptoms below the level of the neck then don't exercise at all.
    If it's just symptoms in your head the it's ok to exercise but no intense stuff and try to keep HR below 70% of your max.

Looks like that's blown my excuse for staying off the turbo for a few days:)

Advertisement