Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary Schools in Newbridge, Co. Kildare

• 19-03-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

Could anyone advice on good primary schools in Newbridge, preferably non or multi denominational?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

Hi,

I interviewed for Newbridge Educate Together a few years ago. Found the principal and head of board of management to be very friendly, and very on the ball. No other experience of that school I'm afraid.

However, I attended Scoil Mhuire (Ballymany) as a student and have nothing but fond memories of the place. I had some wonderful teachers, a few of whom are still there today. I have been back to the school (both the junior and senior school) on teaching practice since then and again found it a wonderful school to work in, with very friendly and dedicated staff. There are lots of sports and other activities that take place throughout the school year as in most schools, and they have a great bit of outdoor space at the back of the junior school. So if you end up considering this school (albeit a catholic school) it gets a very high recommendation from me.

I don't know much about any of the other schools in Newbridge, but there are a few so you've got plenty of choice! I know Scoil na Naomh Uilig are due to move to a permanent building for September in the Roseberry area... guess there's a lot to think about anyway! Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BarbaraAless

wow, great info, thank you so much! I will definitely visit both before making a decision:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

No prob, best of luck! The principals in Scoil Mhuire (junior school and senior school have a principal each) are very friendly and approachable, particularly the junior school principal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 shortstuff

Hi,
    Both of my sons (10 and 5) attend Scoil Naofa na Uillig, they are hopefully movin into the new school building this summer. The staff there are extremely friendly, I have absolutly no worries about how my boys are getting on there. The school prinicple is an absolute gem and my youngest lad adores her, she's looks after the children as if they are her own,(she is actually one of my former primary school teachers way back when, in a different school of course, but she was always my favorite and i trust to to look out for my childrens education and welfare while on the school grounds without any worry to me. They are extremely encouraging towards all of the children to be accecpting of differerencs from child to child(eg. non nationals and of children with other needs).All i can say really is that both my boys love the school and i'm delighted with the staff there. The school website is below if that's any good to you.

http://www.scoilnanaomhuilig.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LadyBart

Hi there
    Looking at possibly moving to Newbridge in the near future and have a 3 yr old. Just wondered if anyone on here had any info on irish preschools and primarys??
    Thanks so much
    A xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

To the OP: no such thing as a non-denominational school in Ireland.

Ladybart, your best bet is to ring the Gaelscoil and ask about a naoinrá.If you hope to enrole your child for the Gaelscoil, ring them asap, as it is very popular and works first come first served.
    http://www.gaelscoilchilldara.com/lang1/index.html

I knew the Principal in Newbridge Educate Together when she was a teacher. She was excellent, and I dare say she still is.

Advertisement