Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclelogical Saturday opening hours?

• 19-03-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Their website is cack! Anyone know what time Cyclelogical is open at tomorrow morn?

Cheers
    The Don

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Their website is cack!

Yes, the website is the real weak link in their business model.

Anyway, before I start ranting about them, the phone number is on the site, I would try ringing in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭DonVincenzo

Thanks guys - will just ring them in the morn.

For a bit of mischief, I may just randomly ask can I use lots of their stuff for free.

What does this do? Can I use it?!! How about this - would it break if you were to do this with it?? He he :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just ask for the loan of a pump

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I think they close at 5 on a saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭DonVincenzo

Just rang Cyclelogical this morn & for anyone interested (now or for future searches) - They are open from 10am to 6pm from Monday to Friday & 10am to 5pm on Saturday (closed Sunday).

I know for many folk living or working very close by Cyclelogical these hours are completely reasonable - but - for most people who work during the week & cycle at the weekend - the hours are restrictive.

Given that their "superstore" & online competitors make it very easy to do business with them - I wonder if the traditional business model followed by many cycling stores is practical.

Only reason why I am going in to Cyclelogical in the 1st place is coz they stock some decent road bike brands that other shops dont & I'd like a look. I cycle past the shop every morn at 7.30am & every evening at 6/7pm - but most of my business goes online/css/wwx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Like you say they have great stock so it's worth going out of your way at times to get there.

They're a sound bunch of lads, know their stuff and look after their customers.

I prefer that to the big shops where the service can be cold at times.

chakattack wrote: »
    Like you say they have great stock so it's worth going out of your way at times to get there.

They're a sound bunch of lads, know their stuff and look after their customers.

I prefer that to the big shops where the service can be cold at times.

I find this hard to believe. I was looking for a mavic spacer for an 11 speed cassette recently. I had an exchange of emails with chainreaction who provided a solution after I explained the problem. When I rang cycleogical I got an immediate "No". No offer to ask exactly what it was, maybe it could have been ordered, etc. Customer service? If by customer service you mean preferential treatment for "regular customers" and people who haven't bought expensive bikes or pop in every day for a chat are brushed aside. That's not a shop that's more like a night club.

I do find them a bit curt on the phone but in the shop they're great to deal with. I find it's the same with most shops. I reckon it's because they get lots of bogus calls that never transpire into any real business.

I think I remember you saying how Wayne (Welsh guy) gave you some great free advice when you were in there?

The only shop I've had a problem with is Cycleways...some of them have an elitist nature bordering on rudeness and some of the guys didn't seem to know much about road bikes.

I think I remember you saying how Wayne (Welsh guy) gave you some great free advice when you were in there

I have yet to be charged for advice (unless it is from a Doctor), but yeah I found him good to deal with.

I think I am just so used to buying stuff online at this stage, plus my postman is a nice guy, that I just don't have much need to go to places like cycleogical unless I am looking for very specific parts, like that Mavic spacer. These are once a year occurrences.

Anyway, going off topic here.

• Advertisement

Funny thing is that the last time I was in there they gave some guy the loan of a pump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Funny thing is that the last time I was in there they gave some guy the loan of a pump!

Yea, its the old 10:1 rule on customer services. Piss of 1 guy and he'll tell 10 people, be nice to 10 guys and they'll only tell one other person between 'em about the good service.

Advertisement