Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House needing work

Options
  • 20-03-2010 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I am interested in purchasing an older house in Cork City. Underpinning needs to be done and is going to be carried out by the vendor's insurers. I won't be signing the contracts until it is. It seems to be pretty standard in Cork unfortunately. Does anyone have any info on the success of this?
    The engineer has suggested I get all external walls replastered, remove all the plaster from internal walls and dry-line. There is also dampness at the base of the walls so I would use DPC here but what's really worrying me is that he says all the floors need to be dug up to be relined properly. To me this is a massive job so wondering if there is any alternative? Also I'm wondering if anyone knows if the floors could be covered in the insurance claim as they could be damaged because of the subsidence? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

You might get an answer here. Best of luck with it, something I would love to try myself.

Advertisement