Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Friday Night 80's" Gone from Today FM.

• 20-03-2010 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Very sad for Today FM fans and fans of 80's music. Not Only have Today FM gotten rid of "Nothing But 90's" but have also scrapped "Friday Night 80's".

The New kid on the Block, KC is on with some new show instead.

The 80's show was one of the longest on the station and will be missed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Think it's back next week in the usual slot, although it's now only running from 7pm - 10pm since Nothing But 90's was axed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

there was some paul mcloone thingy on tonight, but friday night 80's has not been scrapped, it should be on next week AFAIK

also friday night 80s is definitley from 7-10 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

I hope you guys are right.
    It is without a doubt the best 80's show on the radio since it is live. I know of a couple of other 80's shows on other stations and they aren't as good cos they play the same stuff all the time, and they are automated.

Does anyone know who first presented "Friday Night 80's" on Today FM?

radiofreak wrote: »
    It is without a doubt the best 80's show on the radio since it is live. I know of a couple of other 80's shows on other stations and they aren't as good cos they play the same stuff all the time, and they are automated.

i'm almost 100% postive on that

was it some guy called cliff walker who presented? something in my head ringing a bell with that

• Advertisement

I don't remember Cliff Walker.
    Some of the presenters I do remember are Tim Kelly, Stephen Keogh, Enda Caldwell and more recently Phil Cawley.
    I think Tony Fenton and Tracey Lee presented it on a couple of occasions.

How could I forget, Ann Marie Kelly also presented it on a couple of occasions. She was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You gave me a fright man. One of the only things that really gets me through the day when I have to work Fridays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

radiofreak wrote: »

Declan Meehan did in 1999/2000; back then it wasn't even branded!

Another name to add to the list is Tommy Greene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just for a moment I thought they lost thier "Now Thats What Call Music" 80s Box Set :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

mike65 wrote: »
    Just for a moment I thought they lost thier "Now Thats What Call Music" 80s Box Set :p
    Phil Cawley has taken the show in a slightly different direction to Tim Kelly. Kelly used to play the exact same rock & pop chart hits every week in a slightly different order. You could expect Town Called Malice out of a news bulletin, Golden Brown in there somewhere, some Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi and the Police. Cawley throws in a few songs that dont get much radio airplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Thanks for the heart attack.:eek:

I can do without the 90s but the 80s show is the best music based show on the wireless. So major relief here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Witout doubt one of the best shows on radio. I love it when I have a long drive ahead of me on a Friday night - throw on Friday Night 80's and sing like hell :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

telekon wrote: »
    Thanks for the heart attack.:eek:
    I can do without the 90s but the 80s show is the best music based show on the wireless. So major relief here.

@radiofreak, please please change the title of this thread,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

@radiofreak, please please change the title of this thread,

yea, preferably to something like "boards user embarrassingly jumps the gun. nothing to see here folks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rovers Chris

Good to see the show is still on,i`d like to see more 80`s gems rather than the usual A-ha take on Me and Tiffany I think Were Alone Now.But overall good news its not going.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Is the show still on Fridays?
    They should do more 12"s etc

More Cure, Smiths and Simple Minds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Where is Tracey Lee gone?

Her show was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Mabel

SO happy to hear "Living on the Ceiling" by Blancmange! I figured the show wasn't gone from reading it here, but I'm glad to hear it for sure!

I think she moved to England kraggy. Her show was great indeed. Perfect to nod off after a pub buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

kraggy wrote: »
    Where is Tracey Lee gone?

Her show was excellent.

+1. Really gonna miss nothing but 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Derek Flood by far the best presenter for Friday Night 80s. I don't like the b sides the Phil is playing week after week. Much prefer Floody. (sorry phil :o)

Stereo Jack is the man for the 80s classics on Hospital Radio... Is he still kickin around???

Advertisement