Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pacific Islands

Options
  • 20-03-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

anyone been to the cook islands and/or fiji in september
    would appreciate some suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

weather = hot or hot

but check for hurricanes

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

was in rarotonga for 5 days in august a few years back, weather was nice, mid 20's during the day and cool evenings. nice beaches and the water so so clear. was a just me and the wife. good diving around raro if you do diving. small island too you can get around it in 20 mins on a moped.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I would highly recommend Vanuatu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

thanks a mil
    what are the options like to get there - hit singapore/bangkok first, or northern oz?
    only have about three weeks, should i even consider it?
    and, is it relatively easy to travel between the islands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Xavi6 wrote: »

Moi aussi. It was lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Xavi6 wrote: »

I would strongly advise against PNG, Especially Port Moresby.

New Caledonia is pleasent but Expensive by comparison to the other Islands

Chisoul is the apparently the place to go if yer into diving, just watch out for Logs comin bouncin down the hills ;)

oh and theres a bar About halfway down the Island chain of teh solomons called PT109 where JFK got Sank

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Would love to one day go to the soloman islands. In fact they all look great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

The Solomons are Gorgeous alright, Towering Rainforest Mountains stickin out of a Deep blue ocean, hang on a mo I have a few photos somewhere.

Edit
    Nope, cant find them on this computer, all I have here are some Photos of Panguna Mine in Bougainville, which is not somewhere I'd recommend for a Holiday.

I'll check me laptop when I get it back

Advertisement