Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 & M1 Junction 3 New Layout?

• 20-03-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

It is over 12 months since I travelled to the northern end of the M50. Today I had to go to Beaumont Hospital.
    I thought I would have to go "up" to the roundabout from the M50 and then "down" onto the M1.
    There seemed to be a new layout at this junction for someone going in towards the city centre. :confused:
    I would appreciate some advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭SeanW

The junction has been, or is in the process of being, totally rebuilt. Whereas before (between the reclassification of the Port Tunnel motorway as M50 and the end of the junction works) the mainline of the M50 heading into the tunnel actually went around a roundabout, to proceed onto what had been the M1 into the tunnel.

Now, grade separation either has been, or will soon be, provided for all movements not involving the N32.

See this OpenStreetMaps map for details of the rebuilt junction.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.40977&lon=-6.22588&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Frager

Thanks for your quick reply. It is much appreciated.

Where do I find the "Thank You" button.

I've only used Boards twice or three times, but intend to do so a lot more.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Frager wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick reply. It is much appreciated.

Where do I find the "Thank You" button.

I've only used Boards twice or three times, but intend to do so a lot more.

Thanks

Look for the thumbs up sign in the bottom right hand corner of the post in question.

Thanks to Victor & Sean W for their quick replies. I couldn't find anything on Google maps to show the new layout. Does anyone know how old the Google Maps 'Maps' and satellites are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Thanks to Victor & Sean W for their quick replies. I couldn't find anything on Google maps to show the new layout. Does anyone know how old the Google Maps 'Maps' and satellites are.

Google maps are very usefull but appear to lag behind the current redevelopments of all motorways in Ireland for example.

I can't find a "thumbs up " icon on my screen. Just "Quote, " and a quill.

Not to worry.
    I will have to read up on the finer points of using Boards.

Hold everything!!!

I think I found it under the message box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I can't find a "thumbs up " icon on my screen. Just "Quote, " and a quill.

Not to worry.
    I will have to read up on the finer points of using Boards.

Hold everything!!!

I think I found it under the message box.

That's the wrong thumbs up button ;)

The Thank You button won't appear for you until you've made 25 posts.

Advertisement