Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Obligatory] You've just been R0oted thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sweet, i'll give that a shot when i get home at 6ish. cheers bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Anti wrote: »
    Sweet, i'll give that a shot when i get home at 6ish. cheers bud.

Failing that add "TheFairy" as a friend in game and you can join that way then.

Nice one, if you see a friends request from a pretty offensive name, or see someone on the server with said name. I'ts me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Dcully wrote: »
    Im sure ive been rooted but im also sure ive sniped you out of the blackhawk root - beats a kinifey knifey any day :)

I still think that's a bit broken, I've sniped people from below through the choppers hull with the basic sniper rifles, but nice shot none the less. :D

@Wonda, I am using FRAPS I payed for it while I was in NRG so have it and all updates every time they come out for life now.

Was unable to join the server last night, tried to find some of you guys but the whole friends search wasn't able to find any of you. Were there problems last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dcully wrote: »
    Im sure ive been rooted but im also sure ive sniped you out of the blackhawk root - beats a kinifey knifey any day :)

You are actually at the top of my knifed list at the moment. It must be fate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anti wrote: »
    Was unable to join the server last night, tried to find some of you guys but the whole friends search wasn't able to find any of you. Were there problems last night?

No mate we were playing away lastnight, TS was pretty full too, some laugh listening to wonda boy, he gets so into it :)

You are actually at the top of my knifed list at the moment. It must be fate.

You is my nemesis :)
    Not usre if ive even knifed you once lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whats the difference between tags being bronze/silver colour?

I think its something to do with a players posisition on the server, or how many kills they have. Or it could be something completely different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Whats the difference between tags being bronze/silver colour?

It depends on their rank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

May Check my Tags later on, but think the most i have from anyone person is 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you stab a very high rank you get silver tags....like when I stabbed Karma last night them there tags were shining like a new penny....:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you stab a very high rank you get silver tags....like when I stabbed Karma last night them there tags were shining like a new penny....:eek:

23 and up is silver, which means you give up silver as well now.

Well you should know you ****!!! You could wallpaper a room with my tags ffs!

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

that's just the way I polish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

karma_ wrote: »
    that's just the way I polish them.

And they say you cant polish a turd.......:P

Got a lovely set of jimeatsmenu tags yesterday.....it was so sweet....as he was totally killing everything on the map. Had a uber K : D and was healing behind a crate and was spotted....so his name poped up. Had to be done!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

BFBC2Game2010-04-0222-44-07-79-1-1.png

Got a lovely set of jimeatsmenu tags yesterday.....it was so sweet....as he was totally killing everything on the map. Had a uber K : D and was healing behind a crate and was spotted....so his name poped up. Had to be done!!! ;)

Yours are still evading me. I think I have at least one of every TIG server regular. But either you are on my team, or you spot me running like a loony at you.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Yours are still evading me. I think I have at least one of every TIG server regular. But either you are on my team, or you spot me running like a loony at you.

Come to think of it I've never seen you and Wonda on opposing teams yet :D

• Advertisement

Oh its happened. I get to within 2m or so of his back and he does that thing the T-1000 does in Terminator 2 where he suddenly turns inside out and is facing me with the M60 or XM8 firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Grim. wrote: »
    BFBC2Game2010-04-0222-44-07-79-1-1.png

It seems Boru was the person I was stabbing most last night. Easy to stab. A little too easy, compared with Grim, as Grim tends to move when I'm trying to stab him, where as with Boru, most times I'm stabbing him in the back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=109670&stc=1&d=1270302393

Jumpy wrote: »
    Oh its happened. I get to within 2m or so of his back and he does that thing the T-1000 does in Terminator 2 where he suddenly turns inside out and is facing me with the M60 or XM8 firing.

Never Ever underestimate a pair Of Sennheiser PC350's and a Xfi sound card...pmsl.

TBH I have given up trying to stab on the TIG server...the possibility of a knife kill lately is the same as SYCO staying away from C4.....not going to happen. :p

On a positive note over the course of the night I did manage to SKOOOL Spearman on knife etiquette! 4 times I got him (out of a possible 1000 attempts all night to stab anyone).....he did get me twice more all the same.

On a positive note over the course of the night I did manage to SKOOOL Spearman on knife etiquette! 4 times I got him (out of a possible 1000 attempts all night to stab anyone).....he did get me twice more all the same.

Lies, all lies. You got me twice for a total for 4 times overall, and I only got you once for a total of 6 times. Fairy though did get me three or four times last night.

Gonna check my stats mate....I deffo taught I got u more. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Anyone gotten a gold tag yet?

Edit: Nevermind just seen what rank you get them from and since there are only 15 of them people in total its awhile away yet.
    * Bronze: Knife kill a player with the ranking 1-21 which is up to First Sergeant III and stops before officers.
    * Silver: Knife kill a player with the ranking 22-45 which is from Warrant Officer I to Colonel III
    * Gold: Knife kill a player with the ranking 46-50 which is from Brigadier General I to General of the Army.

I'd say if you did see a rank of 40+ the whole server would be running at them swinging KNIFES!!!!

I'd say if you did see a rank of 40+ the whole server would be running at them swinging KNIFES!!!!

I have a plan, I am adding them to my friends list and also doing a server search and I am going to hunt them down! :pac:

• Advertisement

Let me know how you get on with that....pmsl.

Advertisement