Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch on new glasses

• 20-03-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a pair of glasses in Specsavers last week and picked them up today. After I got home I discovered a series of small scratches on one of the lenses. It's nothing major, but as anyone with glasses knows, a blur or scratches on your glasses, especially in the location it is, can be incredibly annoying.

Can I take them in to be repaired? If it needs a new lense (rimless glasses), do they have to replace it for free?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ring them asap, to say what has happened. I've always found them good to deal with but the longer you leave it the more likely it is to look as though you might have done the damage. Whether they fix it or replace it you should get a perfect lense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Had a similar issue before, come back let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Will do. Heading to the gym now, then head into the town where I got them. It'll still have been less than 24 hours since I got them at that point, so it shold be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just home now. They were absolutely fine. Had a look at the glasses, told me that with the location of the scratches (something about it being at a pressure point or something), it may have just been placed down on a desk wrong or something while it was being made. Told me they'd make a new lense for it, made sure they had my number on file and told me they'd give me a text when it was ready to collect. Might be a week or two due to them being rimless glasses, but she'd get them done as soon as possible.

All in all, very happy. No fuss at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement