Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quiet places to meditate in city centre?

Options
  • 20-03-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I was wondering if anyone knew of any quiet spots to meditate in town. I've recently started Transcendental Meditation, which calls for 2 twenty-minute meditations a day so quite often one will be out and about at some point so cant do it at home.

Churches can be good but Mass can be distracting if you pop in at the wrong time.
    Someone mentioned there was a quiet prayer room in Trinity near the chapel but have gone in and cant find it. Anyone know of this room or something similar?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

What about a park bench, weather permitting? Even in Trinity grounds itself?

I don't know much about Transcendental Meditatation but there's certainly some mindfulness type meditations that can be done while walking... but not much help if it's to be a specific type of sitting meditation.

Personally if I was trying to get 2 meditations in a day I'd aim to get them done morning and evening before I leave and after I get back home, then that saves the hassle of finding somewhere suitable.

Let us know if you find somewhere nice - also the Buddhist forum might be of help?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I also find morning and evening quite useful.

Another thing I find *really* useful when televisions or noisy neighbors/housemates are a problem:
    http://www.safewearuk.com/big_pics%5Cfoam_ear_plugs.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

The toilets in the Irish Life centre

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

this might be what you're after
    http://www.sanctuary.ie
    The Sanctuary is an oasis in the heart of Dublin city, and a very special place. It is an ideal setting for an interlude from the busyness of life. Its beautiful gardens and peaceful inner spaces hold a place of rest and calm for mind, body and spirit.
    The wide range of programmes, workshops, evening courses and treatments offered at the Sanctuary provide opportunities to;

discover and embrace the divine life within us and around us
    deepen our inner wisdom and harmony
    develop a more balanced approach to life

Advertisement