Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable plan to use smartphone abroad

• 20-03-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

There's a related article on this here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8576941.stm

I'm using a HTC Hero on Meteor. Is there an affordable way that I can use data roaming abroad in May and June, before the new rules come in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eoinoc333

I guess first thing is to ask Meteor what their data roaming rates are on a specific network for a country which you'll be visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Vodafone pay as you go SIM is probably the best, only 99c a day, but a word of warning, you must use the live.vodafone.ie APN not the isp.vodafone.ie APN. Some services (radio streaming) are iffy but email and surfing are fine on it. Make sure you roam on the vodafone partner network though.

And as its a prepay you can't arrive home to a huge bill either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

VODAFONE all the way. sign up to vodafone 360 and get 100mb a day for 39c instead of 99c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Another +1 here for the vodafone live prepay option with live apn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Random wrote: »
    Another +1 here for the vodafone live prepay option with live apn.

Does it def work? Im going away for the summer and i changed networks from meteor to Vodafone for this. I also signed up to vodafone 360 and i notice im only being charged 39c a day now here while using the live apn.

Is there certain networks you have to use whilst abroad to be able to use this roaming service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.vodafone.ie/vlive/internetmobile/faq
    What about roaming and Mobile Internet?

Vodafone Mobile Internet is the same price when roaming abroad as at home. The service will be accessible from any country where we have a 3G or GPRS roaming agreement.

Advertisement