Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zip, nada

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

nothing to see here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Good. It's a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Klim wrote: »
    Good. It's a kip.

may have not been the best spot in LK but still unfortunate for those losing their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I think the businesses are to remain open though.

Surely Sister Sara's and the Dry Arch shop are profitable though...if they aren't they couldn't be a pub or shop in the country thats viable.
    Sara's is a busy spot on Wed and weekend nights, and there's always people in the Dry Arch shop

I hope McGee gets through it. Good luck to him

Good. It's a kip.

What's wrong with it?

Arsehole bouncers? Nope
    Rude barstaff? Nope
    Ripoff? Nope
    Filthy? Can't say I have noticed
    Sh*te music? Probably but thats a matter of taste

So care to explain why is it more of a kip then any other bar/club in the country?

I was going to write back explaining why it's such a kip, but then I noticed you wishing good old Hugh all the best, hoping he makes it ok? He'll hardly be joining his staff on the dole queue now will he? I call shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I was going to write back explaining why it's such a kip, but then I noticed you wishing good old Hugh all the best, hoping he makes it ok? He'll hardly be joining his staff on the dole queue now will he? I call shenanigans.

Hmmm?:rolleyes:

That's a convincing argument if ever I saw one

So he has provided 100s of jobs over the years and now you want to see him wind up on the dole because he tried and (may have failed)?
    How many jobs have you created over the same period?

BTW I have no connection to the group and I don't work there

I don't even go to Sara's that much anymore (I feel too old there :o)
    I did go there quite often when I was younger though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The whole business did create a lot of employment and no one should be happy to see a business close and jobs loss.
    I hope the best to all the staff, i still dont think any of the premises will close immediately, as for the owner, the less said the better.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    The whole business did create a lot of employment and no one should be happy to see a business close and jobs loss.
    I hope the best to all the staff, i still dont think any of the premises will close immediately, as for the owner, the less said the better.......

Dont get me wrong, i dont like to anyone lose thier jobs. its aimed towards a comment, well 2 comments who was on here defending the owner, i have no sympathy for the ower whatsoever, but as you say senna the less said the better......i shall say no more on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

All i know is that it should have happened long long ago, i had an ex-girlfriend who used to work for him and in the space of time she worked for him (18 mths) the company name , on top of the pay slip as in the company who paid her wages, had changed 4 yes 4 times now how do yo explain that.

It is a well know fact that this person has owed more buisness' money than you can count on a calculater(the person in question has lost a very repreputiable petrol/shop/pub/resteraunt because of this) , so how are you to know he has created jobs id imagine that if the people whom he owed money to have gone bust he has made more people lose their jobs than he has had made jobs himself!

As I understand it, the Bank Anglo Irish have moved against Guarantees they had using these businesses against a loan. Timing is probably more to do with NAMAs operation in April than anything else. I would not have much time for Anglo anyway at present and to start closing in on businesses so they can pass to NAMA seems a bit rich, they are hardly the protrayal of business ethics.

Local press reports that there are 6 companies in the group, itsd quite possible that your ex moved between these companies/pubs/hotels etc which would explain the payslips, for instance Gallaghers Milan and the wolfetone are not part of the company in question as far as I know.

Even at that changing company names is hardly a crime and pales in significance with what the banks did themselves especially the bank in question, see current press reports about hidden loans etc.

In anycase they all are still open, the Service stations are leased out so the bank owns the building etc, not the businesses running them. Sister Saras appears to be run by the same people though with a receiver at the head who will most likely try to run until sold.

300 people or there abouts is quite an employer in any case. Many students also put themselves through college working there etc.

I would agree with one thing, I'd say there are alot more businesses across the country and locally put at risk and will be closed by banks due to a failed policy of the Government and banking ineptitude.

• Advertisement

salonfire wrote: »
    That's a convincing argument if ever I saw one

So he has provided 100s of jobs over the years and now you want to see him wind up on the dole because he tried and (may have failed)?
    How many jobs have you created over the same period?

BTW I have no connection to the group and I don't work there

I don't even go to Sara's that much anymore (I feel too old there :o)
    I did go there quite often when I was younger though

When did I say that? People can see my replies above. You were sympathising with the owner, and I said he'll hardly suffer as badly as his staff. I said the pub's a kip. You were the first person to bring the man in question up, the o.p. mentioned the group as a whole.

If you're going to take me up on something, don't make stuff up please.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A word of caution here people. Please be very careful in what you post. You and you alone are responsible for your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

I initially posted the news about the receivership, and noticed it was getting a bit below the belt, so I went back to try and delete the thread, only to realize I cant, so I changed the title and deleted the original text. I know it is a sensitive subject because there are people's jobs on the line, and the businesses provide alot of employment to the Letterkenny area. A few people have worked very hard over the years to build up this business, and it was never my intention to kick start a slagging match...

cordially,
    the dark side

Advertisement