Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying arthritis medicine for Dogs online.

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,048 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm thinking of buying ArthriAid, online for my dog,
    as i have to fork out €80 for 120 tablets from my local vet, when i can get it online for a 1/3 of the price.

Is there any issue with customs, when buying pet medicines like this from other EU countries?

Im pretty sure you could get it over the counter, so i dont think there would be a problem, but its safer to know for sure.

Looking for a reply with people who have experience of buying online in particular.

thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

waveform wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I'm thinking of buying ArthriAid, online for my dog,
    as i have to fork out €80 for 120 tablets from my local vet, when i can get it online for a 1/4 of the price.
    how can you bw sure that it is what it says it is ??
    waveform wrote: »
    Is there any issue with customs, when buying pet medicines like this from other EU countries?
    Im pretty sure you could get it over the counter, so i dont think there would be a problem, but its safer to know for sure.
    Customs dont care about pretty sure it does not matter if it comes from the eu or not what matters is if you can have it in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

i bought the same what u are looking for online. no problems at all. i was buying dog food (Hill's) as well but this coulndt be send over from england. they said that this is not allowed to them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

www.medicanimal.com is a brilliant site to get prescriptions from. They are UK based and will require a prescription from your vet, they have a form to fill out. Delivery is pretty fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,048 ✭✭✭Doge

how can you bw sure that it is what it says it is ??

Since you cant see physically what you're buying since its online, you can never be 100% sure,
    but you can be careful and use a bit of common sense.

By checking out feedback/reviews of the site,
    if the site has a dodgy rep for selling counterfeit items, or for scams, theres bound to have been someone complaining about it online, and you can find that with google.

The first site i found arthri-aid on was chemists-direct.co.uk,
    and thanks to google i found extremely poor reviews:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews166261.html

So i avoided that like the plague,
    i've order now from a more reputable site,
    and if all goes well ill recommend it to ye in a few days. ;)

It came to 84 euro for 3 x 120 Arhtri-Aid tablets including p+p,
    which is practically 3 times less expensive than what i can get it for here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a note to always be wary of buying medicines online - and be wary of what's allowed into Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement