Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singlespeed/fixed Gear vintage motobecane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭onesoma

hi,

do you have frame measurements for top tube and seat tube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

sorry forget its a 54c-c and the top tube is 56 (center of headtube to cener of seat tube) average height is about 5ft 6" - 6 ft i tink

bump ? anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

What's the gearing like on this? I've been keeping an eye out for a new commuter for a while, this could tick the boxes :)

its 46-16 its about medium, you could go up a hill easily but nothing to soft perfect for a comuter. you can get going quite fast. i ride a 46-16 on my other fixie and its perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 spikeymikey

Hi,
    I am interested but I can't afford 400. Would come and collect it tomorrow for 250.
    Send me a PM if that suits

If it's a fit, I'd offer €350. Dublin based?

sold to beans. good luck with it and take care of her! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

i'm surprised it took that long, it's a very nice conversion.

thanks i kinde miss it. im trying to figure out to do next with the money its so hard
    A. Buy second hand paganini with full dura ace with new ksyrium carbon everything but the groupset is kinde old but gr8 condit v. nice bike. ill replace the crankset for external bb and sell the frame in a while and bb and cranks frame a bit to small. 700 euro(guy who is selling it owns a bike shop)

B. build up new bike with campy groupset mirage i think (cheapest one) ebay frame like others did. aksium wheels itll add up to a bit more.

id love all your opinions i need help!!! its so frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

as someone that built up their own bike i'd suggest going for B, You'll be going into it from a much better perspective than me, i had no experience when i built up mine so it was a serious learning experience.

it's mick wrote: »
    i'm surprised it took that long, it's a very nice conversion.

I was a bit surprised myself, I figured it would be well gone when I first saw it. It's a nice ride, and a wonderful job restoring it to it's former glory - my thanks to Golfanatic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Option B and keep us all posted on how your getting on.
    Best of luck with whichever option you go with though.

Advertisement