Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Kiplings cherry bakewells.

Options
  • 20-03-2010 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I picked up a pack of Mr Kiplings (exceedingly good!) Cherry Bakewells the other day and on the front it states "Filled with raspberry flavoured plum jam" :confused::confused::confused:
    Why not just use raspberry jam??
    Its a messed up world we live in when your jam is secretly another jam masquerading as the one you think it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

I agree completely. I feel your pain. Ba**ards!

Maybe if we use this thread to draft a letter of complaint to Mr Kiplings? The combined wisdom of us here on boards would write a brilliant letter.

I'll start, and others can add to this:

(feel free to change/edit the letter as it progresses)

Dear Sir / Madam / Mr Kipling,

It was with great frustration that I am writing this letter. Yesterday afternoon, as I arrived home from the supermarket I decided to have a nice cup of tea and a Mr Kiplings treat. Unfortunately my expected pleasure soon changed to a feeling of hurt, pain, and being cheated..................

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Andrew33 wrote: »
    "Filled with raspberry flavoured plum jam"

While I also love me a good bakewell, i am absolutely baffled by this! Why go to the trouble of flavouring plum jam to taste like raspberry at all? Is there something we don't know about raspberry jam??

Weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yeah it's mysterious but they're sooo nice! I just love anything with that lovely soft icing on it:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Why were you pondering the packaging when you could have been horsing cherry bakewells? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Why were you pondering the packaging when you could have been horsing cherry bakewells? :confused:

I already had one stuffed in my mouth and was just getting ready to grab another one so hadn't even put the box down:D

Advertisement