Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCL/Maîtrise

Options
  • 20-03-2010 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭

Hi there. :)
    I'm a repeat Leaving Cert student, and I'm trying to pick between this degree and the Law and French Law one. If anyone has any information on either (how intensive it is, how interesting it is, what the years in Paris are like, that sort of thing) I'd love to hear whatever it is you have to say to help me make my decision (can't really afford to screw it up this time round. :o)

So yeah, if anyone has any information or advice or anything, please go for it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Most people who did the maitrise in my year ended up reapplying or transferring to law with french. Apparently it is a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

From what i heard it's not worth the massive effort unless you're actually going to use the Maîtrise and practice law in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

The Maitrise is not for the faint-hearted, from what I can see, the most successful students seem to be bilingual students who have a French parent. That said, I do know of Irish students who succeed at it with a lot of hard work. You would want to have excellent French, and real dedication to live in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Thanks for the input, guys. :) The level of difficulty is probably the thing that's concerning me most about it, to be honest.

Advertisement