Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another study linking juggling and brain development

Options
  • 20-03-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

http://www.limerickleader.ie/nhsneurology/Juggling-for-your-brain.5727078.jp

I remember another study where they showed that juggling caused growth in part of the brain - I think the part to do with hand-eye coordination.

Personally, I've no doubt that juggling improves general hand-eye coordination considerably. Before I learnt to juggle I was very clumsy, and poor at sport. After I juggled a significant amount, I found myself a lot more dextrous in general, and able to get the knack of skill-based sports fairly quickly - tennis for example.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

a really really nice read. thanks for that.

I agree, it is better for hand-ordination and i find myself picking up new skills quicker lately as i tend to practice more and more.

I heard a slightly relevant quote lately which sums up nicely:
    "we dont juggle because we are ambidexterous, we are ambidexterous because we juggle"

Advertisement