Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for guidence

Options
  • 20-03-2010 1:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43

Hi all,

Im totally new to this, and dont know if im in the right place or not.

I have recently taken over a family run b & b in Carlow. I need to bring it into modern age, with advertising online etc. My only problem my only internet skills go as far as buying from ebay :o

Can anyone help me with how to advertise online, google etc any advise is much appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

If you can get someone to do up a web page for you. It would be a great way to go. Then news papers and the usual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 fuzzyhead

Hi

I have a webpage but its getting the webpage to come up in search engines,

e.g. bed and breakfast carlow

and my page coming up in search listing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

a lot of that can depend on just how your site has been designed, how clean the code is, how much relevant information is available in the text etc etc. You should google search engine optimisation (seo)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I think you'll get more advice here.

Moved From Carlow Forum.
    ShayK1
    Carlow Mod

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hi Fuzzyhead,

It's very hard to come up top in the SERPs for general key words with a small site for a B&B as you have to compete against mammoths like hotels.com. I would suggest learning about Google Adwords, which is a pay per click marketing method. Basically you choose what key phrases you want to bid on and using an auction based system you ad would appear on the sponsored listings.

Target keywords like "B&B Carlow Town" etc, be very specific and don't use broad matches.

Hope that helps.
    Ronan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

make sure you are widely used sites like golden pages, carlow tourism, trip advisor etc... don't go making fake references and reviews though, they totally put me off. also if you are print advertising, probably no point going in local media, they are not your target audience really are they??

First off though, I would say identify how people decide on a B&B and build from there. That could easily be done by doing your own market research by asking say 50 friends etc how they decide where to stay when going on a short break in Ireland and then plan how to target these areas that are identified.

Also, watch out for people soliciting google ads to you, they are pretty easy to do yourself, you can set a limit each month, €20 a month say, and see how it goes yourself.

estimated keyword costs:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal?defaultView=3

suggested keywords:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal?defaultView=2

Advertisement