Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presentation this week

Options
  • 20-03-2010 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have to do a presentation this week for my MSc. I am in the first year of a part-time 2 year course. Being part-time it is suggested my thesis is company related due to the company's support in your quest.

However my company is due to close in the next year, meaning the business need is no longer required. I have sent an email to the program director acknowledging this and also that i am now looking for a new thesis to do.

The presentations are this week and are apparently 10% of the mark. The director has left a number of projects to do up on the website but i am not interested in any of these as they are mainly adding on to previous students work. I do not want to present any of these as I have no desire for them nor much knowledge. Also I am trying to see if I can manage to come up with one of my own topics before the presentation.

What do you think could happen?
    • If I present something that I have no interest or idea about ,and hope for to get a couple of %, which I really do not want to do.
    • Having already emailed the director (no response yet - I know he is busy) but I am hoping to present a topic I like at a later stage and not this week (I have heard this been done before with previous year) this gives me time to talk one on one with the course director about an ideal topic.
    Also the lecturers look primarily concerned with full-time students and second year part-time and there has been no interaction as of yet with the first year part-time, but there is still an expectation to have a topic ready for presentation. Also there are 8 subjects to complete - we have done just 2 so far and are in the process of completing another 2 meaning the fulltime have had more exposure to the course material.

Do you think I should be worried or have a few people been in this situation before?

Advertisement