Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelnuts and Frangelico

Options
  • 20-03-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Where would I get these in Dublin? I only need a small amount of Frangelico

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Little Italy in Smithfield may be able to help you out with the Frangelico, or point you in the right direction. Or you could contact Frangelico themselves, their parent company are based in Parkwest.

Even if you get a whole bottle, it'll last for ages and can be used in most nut-based recipes to enhance the flavour, e.g. cakes, icings, etc. It's great in an affogato - espresso, scoop of vanilla ice-cream and a splash of Frangelico. If you're making something with it and hazelnuts, Nutella would go well with that in some way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Thanks magic, Little Italy looks great and I got the nuts in Tesco.
    Re the frangelico are there any other decent hazelnut liqueurs on the market? Or is frangelico the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Well, you can make your own hazelnut liqueur, but it takes a few weeks to mature. Frangelico is one of the best, but if you can't get it easily, then substitute. Amaretto or Brandy would work fine. Toasting the hazelnuts before using them will further enhance their flavour, and even adding a few drops of almond extract to increase the "nuttiness" would work.

You could also add a non-nut flavoured liqueur, e.g. Créme de cacao, Kahlúa or Tia Maria, as chocolate and coffee flavours pair very well with hazelnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Sounds like OP is making Nigella Lawsons Torta Alla Gianduia cake!!

Advertisement