Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Production Management interview

Options
  • 20-03-2010 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi, I have my interview for the course this week and I was hoping, before Sunday night, that someone can give me a hand and let me know if I need anything else for the day.

I have the following:
    A 300 word presentation on my product
    A passport (I.d) (out of date, does that matter?)
    Student/college I.D from current course.
    Presentation prepared
    Getting a passport photo for the interview today.
    Evidence of pricing research for the product

Is there anything else I need to bring along with me? Please help, I'm kind of nervous that I missing something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i think thats all,bring a copy of your leaving cert results just in case!i vaguely remember having to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jen-

I did the course last year, thats it in terms of documentation, but be prepeared talk a bit about your media project, why your doing it, what message it delivers and all that. also have a topic in mind for your dissertation, just a rough kind of title cuz it will change about eight times:D also it will do you good to have a look at the module list and be able to speak about the subjects you are most interested in.

Hope that helps, its a tough year, but you'll learn alot and (most) of it is really interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 21 djz

"Evidence of pricing research for the product" - is that a necessity or just an extra piece of documentation?

because according to the email i got they only asked to "Please write 300 words and prepare a five-minute presentation on the proposal for the development of your media production"

also can the topic for the dissertation be the same as the media project?

and how hard is it really to get into the course? is there a big competition for places?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

djz wrote: »
    and how hard is it really to get into the course? is there a big competition for places?

thanks

I went to the first talk about it.. It seems you have to do fairly well. They take in to consideration your results from every subject for the 2 years of your HND. It's something like 1 point for pass, 2 for merit, 3 for distinction over all the subjects for each semester of the last 2 years. They add that to the score you get for your presentation and see who gets the highest scores to let them into the course :pac: And yup, he said there is a fair bit of competition, 100+ people apply, forget how many places there are... think it was about 60...

It sounds like a hard course though, 1 project due every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jen-

djz wrote: »
    "Evidence of pricing research for the product" - is that a necessity or just an extra piece of documentation?

because according to the email i got they only asked to "Please write 300 words and prepare a five-minute presentation on the proposal for the development of your media production"

also can the topic for the dissertation be the same as the media project?

thanks
    its just an over view of how much you think your project will cost. is there a need to hire eqiupment, transport etc. it can be purley hypothetical. its just to prove you've put some thought in and are going to be realistic.

they prefer if the two arent linked but both can be about a similar topic area, if you get me, and your project should preferably be linked to your hnd or past course. for example my project was a radio documentary on the history of popular music in Ireland and my diss was on using music in branding.

its apparantly pretty tough this year because everyone is going back to college, so theres people form other colleges and ex ballyer heads who put it off, going back

• Advertisement
Advertisement