Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assignment writing.....1st time in 12 Years arrggghhhh

Options
  • 20-03-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Back to basics .......
    I know all the "rules" and "layout" required but do not know where to start.
    Do I answer the question in my introduction or simply outline what my main body text will be???
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

noodlescat wrote: »
    Back to basics .......
    I know all the "rules" and "layout" required but do not know where to start.
    Do I answer the question in my introduction or simply outline what my main body text will be???
    Any help appreciated

Currently in the middle of one, the introduction is more about alluding to what you are going to discuss, explain in what ways you are going to look at it and just give a general outline of what the main body of your essay will be. Always find it easier to do my introduction after I have completed the main body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

+1 - I always leave my introduction till the end also (went back to do start my masters last year).

I have a lead in sentence or 2 and then have a sentence like this assignment will look at the x, y, z.

The idea of an introduction is that you give the reader an over view of what is going to be said in the main part of the assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I'm stuck in the middle of doing one due for Thursday a d it is not a good attempt. Most of my lecturers want a quote to start of the introduction relating to the question and then this assignment will discuss x y and z. I have one to write on academic essay writing too which is due on the 12 April silly topic but I might learn something it is a hard one to get 20 references on though. Good luck with your assignment hope you get a good grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 noodlescat

Thanks guys
    Still working on it - have done most of the main body and I'll go back to the intro............
    Fun weekends of assignment writing ...was I crazy :)

Advertisement