Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena back in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 20-03-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Ok, a smaller version of what we had, but at least something. Was so nice to hear a ship leaving again.

4447994186_3cde21b815.jpg

Stena Line has resumed service
    The "Sea Lynx III" resumed service on Monday 15 March with one round trip daily - Double tripping from 1 April 2010

www.dlharbour.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Good stuff!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

You'll not hear it that often though, slightest breeze and the thing gets cancelled, next to useless it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Noffles wrote: »
    You'll not hear it that often though, slightest breeze and the thing gets cancelled, next to useless it is!

valid point actually, there'll be quite a few cancelations on this.
    Its an awful small horrible yoke too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Noffles wrote: »

Sounds like Stena's version of the Swift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I remember they ran one of these from Dun Laoghaire briefly many years ago ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

ian_m wrote: »
    I remember they ran one of these from Dun Laoghaire briefly many years ago ...

you sure? there was a smaller one operating out of DL previously
    0A.jpg

the Lynx 3 was operating down in Rosslare and then has been tied up in Dublin by the East Link forthe last few months.

Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

... and then has been tied up in Dublin by the East Link forthe last few months.

I knew I saw her before, just couldn't remember! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Yea, definitely something similar alright. Would have been about 15 -20ish years ago. I just remember it was taken off the route as quick as it arrived.

If only the boards where active back then we could search for it! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

aye, i remember the SeaCat, Must have been the guts of 15 years ago.

The boat swayed from side to side, and claimed to be the best thing since sliced bread

I was stuck on it in the middle of the irish sea one night coming back with my mother from holyhead. VOMIT EVERYWHERE. People Just threw up everywhere.

Never again did we get the boat. Ryanair all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I was stuck on it in the middle of the irish sea one night coming back with my mother from holyhead. VOMIT EVERYWHERE. People Just threw up everywhere.

'Tis why the crew christened her "The Vomit Comet". I am told the Explorer will be back for two daily sailings in the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement