Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saltee Islands !!

• 20-03-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi
    My bro lives in Wexford and I am going to see him next week, anyway
    he was talking about a trip to the Saltee islands ....

Is it a good time to go ... late March ??

what is the best time ? probably high summer ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

You should be fine if you want to take pictures of the birds - I suppose that's the plan;). March to June I'd say are best - as well as per this.

Been there last year in July and the Puffins were gone already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I went there last June, see below. Great day and was lucky with the weather as well as it was very warm.

I would imagine it would be fairly bleak there this time of the year? Can you wait till May and go then maybe? From reading up on the Island, the birds should be present but if it's freezing cold and wet then you're not really going to enjoy yourself! Or maybe you are!!

3656415697_3e23032c0d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hopefully we will get a few bright days ... if it is bleak i will go down in May sometime ...

yes --- I wanna photograph some birds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I meant to go down last year but didn't have time, must plan a trip for the summer:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice pics Ballyman!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

getting over there might be hassle to early with mr boat man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Ballyman wrote: »
    3656415697_3e23032c0d.jpg
    assuming that's your pic - control panel > fonts > comic sans > right click, delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone up for a boardsie trip out there in late May? I've never been and really want a go at photographing puffins...

And which is better for this, The Saltee Islands or The Skellig islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Foto Joe, I have never been to the Saltees but I was on Skellig Michael last July and you could hardly put a foot in front of you without standing on the puffins, they were everywhere.

assuming that's your pic - control panel > fonts > comic sans > right click, delete.

What are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Visuelle wrote: »
    Foto Joe, I have never been to the Saltees but I was on Skellig Michael last July and you could hardly put a foot in front of you without standing on the puffins, they were everywhere.

I suppose the week before Easter will be too early, right?

damn.

@Ballyman, you used Comic Sans or something very like it in your poster. It's not the most popular font from a graphic design point of view, that's all.

Calina wrote: »
    @Ballyman, you used Comic Sans or something very like it in your poster. It's not the most popular font from a graphic design point of view, that's all.

Why?

It's a matter of taste. I can't tell you why it's not popular with 10 million graphics designers around the world.

I will say this. I never, ever use it myself because it looks too much like comic book style and I don't like it in my own photographs.

If you like it, then that's fine. It's up to you.

Which one is comic sans? My name or the heading?

The heading.

Advertisement