Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a crew cab to Ireland from England

• 20-03-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Any tips many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Tip 1. Price up similar crew cabs here. VRT is the big reason people go to the UK, but because VRT on most crew cabs is 50 quid, I dont think there will be much of a price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Is it much cheaper to bring them in then

Pot wrote:
    Is it much cheaper to bring them in then

Why dont you go and find one your interested in here and price it up. See what the dealer will let it go for.

Then, find a similar model on Autotrader UK, call that dealer and do the same. The convert the amount from Sterling to euro, allow a few hundred quid to fly over and look at it, an inspection and the ferry home, plus your 50 euro VRT and 90 euro for a DOE.

Compare the two amounts and see which is cheaper.

Dont be a sheep and follow everyone to the UK, because they say its cheaper. Do your homework first. You might find its cheaper to buy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I think your wrong there drummerboy, Most Crewcabs are under the 13.5% VRT. Some of the Irish one were VRT'D at € 50 but they had added Leafs or altered weight plates.

Like he said dont presume england is cheaper, go and do research, make a few phone calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

I think your wrong there drummerboy, Most Crewcabs are under the 13.5% VRT. Some of the Irish one were VRT'D at € 50 but they had added Leafs or altered weight plates.

I heard a rumour that you can spec/buy the altered payload models in the north and so attract the € 50 rate. Heard of a guy who got a new registered Navarra for 28k all in - don't know how cheap that is however.

• Advertisement

Thats why it will be hard to get a Crewcab in the UK cheaper than here bacause it will more than likely be at 13.5% VRT, and not 50 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Leafs or altered weight plates.

Who does it then PM me please

Pot wrote:
    Leafs or altered weight plates.

Who does it then PM me please

It was different suspension on the Irish version. They also added plates to add more weight to the vehicle to ensure it qualified for 50 euro VRT. The UK spec crewcabs usually are not heavy enough, so they attract 13.5% VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

It was done by Importer IE Nissan. You wont be able to.

Advertisement