Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interviews

Options
  • 20-03-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

how hard is it to get by the interview for the courses? are many people rejected? i applied for some film courses but i dont have too much done that i could put into the portfolio.. i want to go there to learn how to do it so i cant see why i would have a massive portfolio already.. looks like a great college

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

there are four thousand people interviewing for the college this year,double on last year,they are also cutting the amount of rounds there is to get in,so spaces are fairly tight,id be well prepared for your interview

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

wow didnt know there were that many applying, iv an interview tomorrow. Im suddenly nervous

steve_ wrote: »
    wow didnt know there were that many applying, iv an interview tomorrow. Im suddenly nervous

yeah theres a massive increase this year most likely cause of the recession,good luck anyway!my sister and friend both had interviews for there earlier,i dont envy anyone interviewing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I went for an interview today for the 2 year radio course.

My god it was like an interogation!!!!

Fago! wrote: »
    I went for an interview today for the 2 year radio course.

My god it was like an interogation!!!!

my sister went for the same interview yesterday,apparently it was very intimidating?were you interviewed by bernard and simon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i did 4 interviews in the lat 2 days.. found it grand.. just be yourself and don't bs

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

I had mine there today, very straight forward. They ask what programs and tools i was proficient with. Dont lie cause they'll ask questions. Very happy with how mine went, hopefully i get a spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 whereismysheep

I had 2 interviews on monday. radio 1 year and AMD portfolio prep course.
    Radio went really badly, i couldnt get my words out at all, I'll be surprised if i get a place.
    AMD i want to say went well, they said my portfolio showed good personality and i had a good eye and background in art. I dont know if they were just being nice and sugar coating it all. I pray i get in to art

I had 2 interviews on monday. radio 1 year and AMD portfolio prep course.
    Radio went really badly, i couldnt get my words out at all, I'll be surprised if i get a place.
    AMD i want to say went well, they said my portfolio showed good personality and i had a good eye and background in art. I dont know if they were just being nice and sugar coating it all. I pray i get in to art

ah im sure you did grand!:)

my sister went for the same interview yesterday,apparently it was very intimidating?were you interviewed by bernard and simon?

I think it was them. It was MAD intimidating!

They shulda fuhkin copped on and not made it so much like the 3rd degree!

• Advertisement

any idea on how many people applied to the AMD course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i got on grand for cgh. hope i get in now.

I could be in your sisters class! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I had a interview yesterday for animation was really relaxed very nice people went fairly good i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

I had an interview for ADS on Tuesday, went pretty well, they as much as told me I had the place.
    Is it supposed to be easy enough to get into?

I could be in your sisters class! Woo!

i had them for interview and thought they werent too bad,simon is lovely!hes not the one that questions you usually though,yeah she went for radio but the course she really wants to do is rock school!

i had them for interview and thought they werent too bad,simon is lovely!hes not the one that questions you usually though,yeah she went for radio but the course she really wants to do is rock school!

Hope she get's either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

Anyone do any social care/studies courses for interviews? It was pretty intimidating all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fannybolix

Heyis,
    going for the two year journalism course, and thinking about the travel & tourism course. I'd really prefer the journalism one though, if they ask you whether you've applied to another course, are they kinda like "well feck ye" basically? cos i don't wana lie or anything. already had an interview for the journalism foundation course but they told me to try the 2yr one instead.

cheers

When will the letters for acceptance/rejection come out?

• Advertisement

When will the letters for acceptance/rejection come out?

My friend who went for an interview said she was told she would be emailed fri,i got called when i was accepted never got a letter,so who knows how youll be contacted!

I called them on tuesday and they said the letters would be sent out the end of this week.
    saranne your making me nervous about not getting a place now! they havent called me, i so havent got in

ah dont be nervous!i know three people who applied to get in and none of them have heard anything yet,im assuming letters will be gotten next week,the college is not so good on being organised so i assume thats why no one has had a call

Advertisement