Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Reciprocity - 3rd April 2010 - at Ambush Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Updates on the site.

New fort been built;
    Additional cover now inplace at the gorse
    Fox holes being setup around the fort and the gorse.

most of the these changes are to make to the site be CQB then open, then dense forest/ Long grass, then CQB.

Sand Bags on order.

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net
    086 369 83 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

tacops.ie wrote: »
    Updates on the site.

New fort been built;
    Additional cover now inplace at the gorse
    Fox holes being setup around the fort and the gorse.

most of the these changes are to make to the site be CQB then open, then dense forest/ Long grass, then CQB.

Sand Bags on order.

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net
    086 369 83 15

new fort? cool:D those sand bags gonna be there for the 3rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

hi tac,you must be in bits with all the work you have put into the site.
    im in for this game,makes a big change from attack and defend,capture the flag ,speedsoft games.
    jayus,not too long ago there were loads of people postin an askin for milsim,limited ammo,rollin mission games,were are they now?
    com'on guys put your name down,2 days gamin for the price of one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

deco nate wrote: »
    hi tac,you must be in bits with all the work you have put into the site.
    im in for this game,makes a big change from attack and defend,capture the flag ,speedsoft games.
    jayus,not too long ago there were loads of people postin an askin for milsim,limited ammo,rollin mission games,were are they now?
    com'on guys put your name down,2 days gamin for the price of one!

How true you are, the game senario is epic trust me

How true you are, the game senario is epic trust me
    really lookin forward to it,do you remember a while ago some started a thread bout games like this one,and loads said they wanted to give it a try.
    well to anyone reading this i just found out that CHAIRSOFT seasons is over in a week,AIRSOFT season starts THE 1ST WEEKEND APRIL!
    SPREAD the word,if your not goin to this site, go to any/fav SITE
    but i hope you choose this one...reasons chairsoft season is over stated below:
    winter is over/cold weather is gone
    mw2 is buggy as hell,move on
    the missus keeps tellin you,you have to cut the grass every week
    (any one got more to add?)
    oh "your chair" has a imprint of your fat ass in it,time to exer:Dcise
    oppss maybe i should have started a new thread on the main page

• Advertisement

really lookin forward to it,do you remember a while ago some started a thread bout games like this one,and loads said they wanted to give it a try.
    well to anyone reading this i just found out that CHAIRSOFT seasons is over in a week,AIRSOFT season starts THE 1ST WEEKEND APRIL!
    SPREAD the word,if your not goin to this site, go to any/fav SITE
    but i hope you choose this one...reasons chairsoft season is over stated below:
    winter is over/cold weather is gone
    mw2 is buggy as hell,move on
    the missus keeps tellin you,you have to cut the grass every week
    (any one got more to add?)
    oh "your chair" has a imprint of your fat ass in it,time to exer:Dcise
    oppss maybe i should have started a new thread on the main page

your guns are collecting dust from not using them:P

lol big time,been way too long
    and i bought a l85 from fk at xmas,yet to be used ingame,soon my little one!!:)

patience my pretty:P, like that? :P same here, my SCAR has been broke for ages now, never seen any point in getting it fixed:P

T4RGET wrote: »
    patience my pretty:P, like that? :P same here, my SCAR has been broke for ages now, never seen any point in getting it fixed:P

On the point of Broken Aegs, my M4 has been in the shop for about 2 months now, actually I sent it away just after National Day of skirmish.

It had to be sent to manufacturer as the trigger kept jamming on semi then I could smell the motor or something burning.

D-Boys M4, Full metal (except for retractable stock) 7mm full metal gearbox, High Speed motor, insane rate of fire with just a 8.4v 3300mah.

Cannot wait to add a 9.6v

This is gona be epic games, once I get the sand bags in will be making a series of pill boxes as well as several other fixtures.

Updates and pictures to follow

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net
    086 369 83 15

Hello All

As stated in previous message there are approx 16 people coming
    I have invited a few teams down as well.

If anyone does not have transport to the site then PM me and if enough people are in need of transport I can arrange a hackney to collect and drop to & from Greystones Dart Station which is the nearest Dart Station.

The second part of this game will run on Saturday the 10th April 2010.
    The details of which will be released shortly.

Once I have exact numbers myself and the other Marshalls will split the teams i.e. Terrorists, Recon Team, Hostages, Special Forces.

The reason for this spliting before the game is that when you arrive ( and are all geared up) depending on which role you are playing you will be handed a different mission brief. This will be similar to a Program at a Concert advising a breakdown of the day and also of your mission.

• Start Time: 10:00 am
    • Ammo Rules: 3 High-Caps or 7 Mid caps (Mid Caps 130rd)
    • Box Mag Rule: Box Mags are only allowed on Support Weapons i.e. M60, SAW, etc. and are limited to 1000 rounds
    • Medic Rule: The Bleed out time is 3 minutes, to be mediced a medic must tie a bandage / string around either you or your AEG. If your hit after 3 bandages then you cannot be healed and you must respawn
    • Gun Hit Rule: If your gun is hit are no automaticly dead or hit, however gun is now inactive until respawn, a secondary weapons such as a SMG may be used to replace the gun that got hit.
    Pics of the new site layout will be posted middle of next week.

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net
    086 369 83 15

• Advertisement

hi tac,just to add i meant to say in my last post(rant:D)
    that if any one from bray needs a lift i can bring 2 in my car,
    just post here first two get the lift,and as an added bonus
    its a free lift,no chippin in for petrol.yes a free lift,so two games for the price of one and a lift to,and from site.
    get postin:)
    (did i sound like tacops their??)lol

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

hi tac,just to add i meant to say in my last post(rant:D)
    that if any one from bray needs a lift i can bring 2 in my car,
    just post here first two get the lift,and as an added bonus
    its a free lift,no chippin in for petrol.yes a free lift,so two games for the price of one and a lift to,and from site.
    get postin:)
    (did i sound like tacops their??)lol

Any chance those free spaces are still available? if so how about a lift for myself and my bro would be sweet?

We'd be gettin the DART to Bray that mornin so it would suit us perfectly.

Cheers

hi ,sorry to say that they have just gone,sorry bud but some one
    name jules and his brother got them.......
    oh wait thats you!!:p:D:Dyea no worrys,just let me know what time your gettin into bray

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

hi ,sorry to say that they have just gone,sorry bud but some one
    name jules and his brother got them.......
    oh wait thats you!!:p:D:Dyea no worrys,just let me know what time your gettin into bray

Sweet man, Cheers for that :D. I'll let you towards the end of the week what time I'll be at the station at and sure I'll PM u my number before hand.

:pac:Kudos to u

no problem mate,the more that go the better
    this game will be.
    really lookin fordward to it,talk to ya later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Can you fit me +2 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Jimkil wrote: »
    Can you fit me +2 in.

Pm Tacops, plenty of spaces left, if you want get others down who have gear for the day. Unfortunatly there will be no rentals

New ammo limits

7x Mid Caps (mid capmostly being 130 rd mags) = 910
    3x High caps = 900 rounds

And however many tones of 6mm bbs you want to leave at the ammo dump.

Have in mind before you arrive what role you would like to play and whos side you would like to be on AKA who you want to shoot have it count. As we will be getting things going very soon after everyone arrives and is all geared up. Games start 10:00am (Irish 10:00am)

Have lost count but we are heading for approx 28 people now and will check on that soon and provide exact number.

If it not raining tomorrow I will get some picture of the new and improved site and upload them

This is one of the missions of the Snerario we will be completing as close the movie as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJbIPygfJ-k

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net
    Sat Nav: 53° 6'12.00"N 6°10'40.54"W
    Mob: 086 369 83 15

tacops.ie wrote: »
    New ammo limits

7x Mid Caps (mid capmostly being 130 rd mags) = 910
    3x High caps = 900 rounds

And however many tones of 6mm bbs you want to leave at the ammo dump.

Have in mind before you arrive what role you would like to play and whos side you would like to be on AKA who you want to shoot have it count. As we will be getting things going very soon after everyone arrives and is all geared up. Games start 10:00am (Irish 10:00am)

Have lost count but we are heading for approx 28 people now and will check on that soon and provide exact number.

If it not raining tomorrow I will get some picture of the new and improved site and upload them

This is one of the missions of the Snerario we will be completing as close the movie as possible.

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net

28? wow that jumped a lot since last week, dunno if you got my PM or maybe that's the reason why you're changing ammo limits, but you think you could bring it up to 4 or 5 hi caps and then about 11 mids? where is the ammo dump and can we bring bottles of BB's with us in our tac vests or whatever? also what time deos it end at again, forgot and i can't find it:P:rolleyes:

i think 900 rounds is more than enough,any more/carryin bottles of bb's and it wont be a limited ammo game:rolleyes:,i dont want to see it turn into a spray 'n pray game:(,mak'em count,you can always go to respawn to reload:D

• Advertisement

just thinkin bout it,900 rounds limit for the whole day would be great,you would have to think/plan/ about every shot you take,and even more so as the day wore on,and ammo dwindle down,now that would be a fun day
    i think the most bb's i've ever used in red barn was 1300-1500 for a whole day
    maybe a game to think about in the future

ah yes but... this is a 55acre site, a lot of long range engangement, and that doesn't help BB's I know what you mean though, I'm just used to having 6 mags with me as I use mids but new gun doesn't take em.... yet:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

just thinkin bout it,900 rounds limit for the whole day would be great,you would have to think/plan/ about every shot you take,and even more so as the day wore on,and ammo dwindle down,now that would be a fun day
    i think the most bb's i've ever used in red barn was 1300-1500 for a whole day
    maybe a game to think about in the future

Last Sunday in MAC it was 600 rounds per man per life. I used one midcap for the day. 900 is way too much. Even 600 is too much in my opinion. If you want to cater for both mid and high cap players yet still have limited ammo make it 1 high cap and the equivalent in mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

300 would be right, at a stretch 400 but, anything more is overkill, my opinion so do what you like.

yea your both right there,like i said in that post most i've used in red barn for the hole day was 1200-1400 or so(and that was because their were loads there).really needs to be lower than 900,no reloadin mags.and make every bb count!has to be the way to goif anything it will make you a better player and more sneaky,and paranoid(did you hear something move?!)a more heart pounding game=great day out

is'nt the point of a limited ammo game just that?limited for the day,

yea your both right there,like i said in that post most i've used in red barn for the hole day was 1200-1400 or so(and that was because their were loads there).really needs to be lower than 900,no reloadin mags.and make every bb count!has to be the way to goif anything it will make you a better player and more sneaky,and paranoid(did you hear something move?!)a more heart pounding game=great day out

is'nt the point of a limited ammo game just that?limited for the day,

but again 55 acres, and a lot of trees, if people aren't happy with 4-5 then leave it at 3 but not 1 or 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I remember using roughly 350 BB's one day at HRTA. It was probably one of the best days airsofting I had.
    In my opinion 900 is a bit much, I'd like to see it at the 600 mark (to cater for the hi-cap users so that they have at least one mag to change too) but I didn't feel it was my place to complain suggest otherwise.

Edit: Sorry maybe complain was the wrong word to use, as I didn't mean to imply that the previous posters were complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Hey Karl i have to pull out for the weekend missus had the baby so i'm now busy for saturday hope all goes well

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I remember using roughly 350 BB's one day at HRTA. It was probably one of the best days airsofting I had.
    In my opinion 900 is a bit much, I'd like to see it at the 600 mark (to cater for the hi-cap users so that they have at least one mag to change too) but I didn't feel it was my place to complain suggest otherwise.

Edit: Sorry maybe complain was the wrong word to use, as I didn't mean to imply that the previous posters were complaining.

Again See what you mean, but I do wanna reload, something about running around witht he same mag all day....just isn't right... even if we could half fill each mag....?:P

• Advertisement

Hello all

There has been much discussion about the Mid / Hi cap limits.

Targer is right in that the site is very large having said that we will be using only 30 Acres of the site or there abouts.

Suggestions of limits:

1. 900 rds remains the limit, but persons can only reload from the ammo dump 1 time per hour of game play.
    2. Limit is set at 600rds meaning 2 High caps & equivilant mid caps, however persons can carry in a bag an additional 1000rd on there person. Visits to the ammo dump are 1 per every 2-3 hours of game play depending on the stage of the game.
    3. A limit of 2500rd for the entire day straight out, but the player can only carry as many mid / hi-caps as there tac vest / modular allows, also they cannot carry any additional ammo with them and must return to the ammo dump to reload.
    In all instances no matter which option is picked person in battle can (at there descrtion) share ammo with other via mags, no ammo bags allowed on the field except in the case of option 2 being picked.

Let me know what use think is the best option and look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Remember to study this video carefully as we will at some stage on Saturday be re-creating this scene

Karl
    tacops.ie
    ambushairsoft.net

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement