Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Multimedia Audio Controller

Options
  • 20-03-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi guys..

I need some help..the sound has stopped working on my work pc..I went in to device manager and there is a question mark beside Multimedia Audio Controller.

From looking at the net..all i have to do is download a soundcard driver..but the pc is custom built and i am afraid to download a driver in case its the wrong one. If i posted some details about the pc could some one give me some advice as to what driver I need to download please?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

yep just post up the model of the sound card and the operating system if its 32 or 64 bit.

have you tried right clicking on the question mark beside Multimedia Audio Controller and tried to update driver that way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

http://www.gtopala.com/

download and install siw, and then this takes the pain out of it

hope it helps for you

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Thanks for replying...sorry for posting all the crap below but i don't know what information you need out of it...i'm computer literate...but only to an extent!

To answer your other question..when i right click, it searchs for an update but it just says that it can't find one.

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    System Locale: English (United States) Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.67 gigahertz Intel Celeron
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready

AOPEN COM5232/AAH SL [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

the only thing i get from that is your runnin win xp service pk 3 dont see any sound card specs there . im assuming that its integrated sound from the mo/bo you are using if so its the ac97 codec you need from realtek which you can download here

http://152.104.125.41/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=23&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

Noodletop ur a legend..i have sound now..thanks a million :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement