Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pale complexion

• 20-03-2010 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I feel that my complexion has been very pale lately. Is there any good products for men that I can buy that would help improve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Do you wear make-up? If you do, the foundation/powder/blusher etc could be too pale/light for your skin-tone?

Also, if/when you don't wear make-up do you wear a tinted foundation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

fake tan! for the face.. or get it sprayed on costs a good bit more but worth it.

Or drink a glass of carrot juice everyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Thanks for the advice but I am male. Do you know if there is any specific products for men?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

OP is male, don't think he's wearing much powder!

I'd say look into your diet. There's a list of happy-skin foods here http://beauty.suite101.com/article.cfm/beauty_foods
    Make sure you're drinking lots of water and getting enough sleep.
    A good exfoliator or face wash is essential, it scrubs away the dead skin cells, and then a daily moisturiser for hydration and smoothness.

Clarins and Clinique do mens' ranges. These are higher end and can be a bit expensive, depending on your budget. Nivea also do mens' line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My brother had this problem and he bought the nivea for men moisturiser that has just a tiny little bit of tan in it. The tan is a developing one which means that it takes a few hours to show up and it doesn't wash off. It's takes the cold and pale out of his skin tone without leaving him looking orange or anything even close, its really just a shade or so darker than he would be without it. I think it looks well and because it's a moisturiser and not a make-up you can't see anything on his skin at all, it just soaks in. Also, apparently it's really easy to do properly. You can literally just whack it on without paying any particular attention and because it's just a slight tan there are no streaks or anything. Might be worth a try :)

Here it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OP, exfoliating your skin a couple of times a week, washing and applying a moisturiser every day would definitely help your skin. Also a moisturising face mask once a week if your skin feels tight or dry.

It will probably be a new regime for you as most men wouldn't be seen dead doing any of the things I mentioned above. My OH never does anything with his except for a bit of moisturiser in the middle of the winter, which I have to apply for him, but he has fantastic skin anyway.

However if yours is looking dull and pale then you'd certainly benefit from starting a new regime of skincare. IMO Dermalogica is a fantastic brand and quite reasonable if you buy online at kudos or adonisgrooming (google them).

If you have suddenly become pale maybe it is an indication that you are ran down.
    Are you tired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Thanks for all the fantastic advice.

I have been thinking about it and to be honest lately I haven't been sleeping enough (due to working lots of long hours) and my diet hasn't been great. I am getting back into exercising again tomorrow so I will see an improvement in my sleep patterns and eating habits.

I bought some Nivea products in Boots today and have started to use them and will hopefully see some results over the next few weeks.

Advertisement