Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No cold water in upstairs bath or showers

• 20-03-2010 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,
    First post here it goes. Looking for some help/advise/opinions...

Had a plumber out to fix a leak in a downstairs toilet (ground floor). He must have turned off a coupe of valves in the hot press (1st floor). They are all open now.
    As a result I have no cold water in the bath/shower on the 1st floor, in another shower on the same floor and in the last shower on the 2nd floor. There is plenty of hot water coming out of the mixer taps in bath and showers.

There is hot and cold water coming from all taps in the sinks in the house and all toilets are also flushing.

I thought this might be an air lock so I have tried the following (with no success!!)
    - in bath (mixer tap) I turned on cold water and with no water coming out I blocked the tap then turned on hot etc etc
    - in kitchen i did the same

would anyone have any other suggestions? any help would be appreciated!!:cool:

Think I solved the problem!
    Blocked kitchen tap, turned from hot to cold, held for a minute, turned back to hot and let it run for a minute. It took a while to clear but its working now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 faultytowers

Problem not actually solved, can anyone help?
    Tried the hose thing aswell, no joy,

Cheers

Advertisement