Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question - license

• 20-03-2010 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a cbr250 in the summer. Will I be able to get insurance on it? I read somewhere recently that you have to have a bike no bigger then 125cc on a prov license.
    I drove a NSR125 for a year and a half about 4/5 years when I was 18/19, im nearly 25 now and want to get another bike. Not sure I want to drive another 125cc for 2 years tho:rolleyes:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A1 learner permit: <125cc
    A learner permit: not limited by cc but by power output which should be <25kW/33bhp.

So if you want a larger than 125cc bike youll need the A licence and to make sure that the bike you choose is restricted to the correct power if as required. Technically I think the CBRs should be restricted but in practice they never are.

Youll have to phone around insurers for quotes, but I cant see a CBR250 causing a big problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ok cheers, cant wait to get my cbr now. Prob wont be til the wrong end of summer tho:rolleyes:
    Prob set aside around 3k for it, should get me a nice one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

You shouldn't have any problem with insurance if you're 25. I was looking around for a quote a few weeks ago, they wont quote me on anything over 150cc and even then it's around a million euro (might aswell be). Anyway that's because I'm only 20, you should be fine!

But definitely you'll need an A permit and you should get the test over with as soon as possible. Don't forget, the bike has to be over 125cc for the test, otherwise you'll only get an A1 licence and your A permit back. You could do that and start again if you wanted, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Yeah I did the quick quote thing on Quinns website and they are looking for 600 and something euro for TPO. Not bad considering insurance on my NSR was over 2k:eek:

Advertisement