Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killaloe Stag Weekend

• 20-03-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

Hi,

we're looking at heading down towards Killaloe for a stag weekend in August. Just wondering what sort of activities there is in the area - I know there is paintballing in Terryglass but is there anything else that we mightn't be aware of?

We'd also be interested in seeing if we could get a quieter pub outside the town that might do a a barbecue for us on the Saturday evening?

Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Roughly 5 minutes drive from Killaloe at a place called the two mile gate, there is an activity centre run by U.L.
    Lots of water activities and a few land based ones eg. climbing, archery.
    More info here : http://www.ulac.ie/
    There is also a horse riding school nearby but I don't know the name, hopefully someone could fill us in.
    Unfortunately your a small bit early so a few activities have not started yet.

Another 2 minute drive past the activity centre there is a bar located at the Lough Derg Holiday centre. It would be fairly quiet this time of year (I'm not even sure if it is even open). They have done a bbq a few times, no harm to ring and ask.
    They also have holiday homes for the group to stay if ye have not aranged that yet.
    For more info : http://www.loughderg.net/

After that another nice pub but it may not be quiet is Larkins in Garrykennedy located by Lough Derg and roughly 15 minutes drive from
    More info here : http://www.larkinspub.com/

Hopefully this will be of some help to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

thanks mike, much appreciated.

when i used the term quiet what i am looking for is somewhere that is capable of taking a small crowd, nice beer garden, good pints. just a place that will keep a group of hungover lads happy for an evening.

Brendan Graces and Crottys are two pubs in Killaloe with beer gardens but can be busy and not too sure about the bbq.
    It is the same with Molly's over the bridge.

There is another place on the water front in Ballina called Flanagans (At least thats what I think its called, used to be Galloping Hogans)

I have not been out there for a while so sorry for the vague descriptions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

BravoMike wrote: »

There is another place on the water front in Ballina called Flanagans (At least thats what I think its called, used to be Galloping Hogans)

Thats right, it re-opened as Flanagans about two years ago I think!
    On the Ballina side you have Flanagans, Mollys and Goosers! Mollys have seats outside, right along by the river which would be lovely on a warm summers evening! I don't know would any of these places to a bbq though! Mollys also have a nightclub downstairs which is open saturday and sunday nights afaik!

On the Killaloe side as was said you have Brenden Graces. Its rights in the middle of the town on the main street, I've never been in it though so not sure what its like!
    The Lough Derg Holiday centre would be open for sure in August, I have a boat in the marina there and its a lovely spot! They have plenty of room for a bbq! only thing is I don't think they have a licence in the resturant to sell alcohol but I'm sure you could bring your own!

With regards to activities anything I can think of has been mentioned...........

alan1990 wrote: »
    only thing is I don't think they have a licence in the resturant to sell alcohol but I'm sure you could bring your own!

It was closed but only for a week or two customs paid them a visit, as far as I know they have applied for a licence and have done a major over haul of the bar/restauraunt. I haven't been down to the place much since I stopped working there

• Advertisement
Advertisement