Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tapas Bar (ALL POSTS HERE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

On reading these posts how are the management going to keep the toilets clean with the type of untidy customer that uses them. Maybe they need an attendant full time:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Lots of positive feedback and some negative.
    What i want to know is it prober tapas or a localised version!

Sampled Tapas in Barcelona and Madrid many a time and would like to think you could get something simular in a restaurant selling its self as such. Is it run by Spainish people who know the cuisine? Or is it a localised version that taste nothing like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    I don't think it's silly at all!
    I was actually there last night myself, and the toilets were MANKY!
    Piss everywhere all over the floor.

It was embarassing, when I left the toilet there was a woman that was going in after me!, Hope she didn't think I missed the bowl by three feet each side !!

I hate sharing bogs with men, god knows what women think!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

actually having worked in a few toilets, you generally find the ladies toilets are worse than the gents by closing time. Can't blame them for the pissy seat and floor though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The fact that the toilets are unclean causes enough worries about general cleaniness to be a concern.

• Advertisement

dr ro wrote: »
    actually having worked in a few toilets, you generally find the ladies toilets are worse than the gents by closing time. Can't blame them for the pissy seat and floor though!

Hanging around mens toilets doesnt constitute working. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Not liking sharing toilets with men must mean you hold a lot of pee in or do you go for the executive option (otherwise known as the Disabled Toilets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

What's the name of the place? Wouldn't mind trying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Hanging around mens toilets doesnt constitute working. :D
    If you enjoy what you do you'll never work a day in your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

The fact that the toilets are unisex is not the issue. Three Qs only has one toilet and it's always kept perfectly clean. You can of course judge the level of cleanliness (or priority of it) of a restaurant by the bathroom. Maybe in this case, however, they were too frazzled on opening night or the first couple of days to maintain the toilet. It's enough info for me though to make me not want to go eat there. (Maybe for a drink, then I'd check the loos!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I went there the other night - it was very cold and the toilets were manky. I won't be going back unless it gets better reviews. The tables are too close. Its a shame but i think they opened it before they were ready. Not very impressed.

Box09 wrote: »
    I went there the other night - it was very cold and the toilets were manky. I won't be going back unless it gets better reviews. The tables are too close. Its a shame but i think they opened it before they were ready. Not very impressed.

It was rammed last night apparently. I took a few home and all seemed to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

I ate there too. Again, I have the same complaints - tables far too close to each other. Place very cold. Food was only warm when we got it, not hot at all. Also the "spicy lamb stew" was COMPLETELY bland, seriously no taste, not even salty. Was not impressed at all and so wanted to be

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Merrilady wrote: »
    Does not open Sunday either, seems a bit odd , maybe not

Seem like the same folks from Woodlands, does that mean the pub at Charlesland is not going ahead - Ooooops have I opened a can of worms :D

If a restaurant opens on a Sunday they usually have to pay time and a half to all the staff so alot of places close on a Sunday for financial reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Anyone got the number for the Tapas place? I believe it's called Mauzac but I can't find a number listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coolhandd

Classic, 3 pages saying how bad the place is and then someone wants to go. That is funny. Sorry it just was too funny not to say. On another note a friend went there and said the food was not great flavour wise but he is dam fussy so you should give it a go it being a new business and all.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Anyone got the number for the Tapas place? I believe it's called Mauzac but I can't find a number listed.

Yea its Mauzac. Couldnt find number either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

coolhandd wrote: »
    Classic, 3 pages saying how bad the place is and then someone wants to go. That is funny. Sorry it just was too funny not to say. On another note a friend went there and said the food was not great flavour wise but he is dam fussy so you should give it a go it being a new business and all.

Actually, anybody that I personally know that went thinks the food was decent (not amazing or anything but decent), the toilets were spotless and the atmosphere was great. It would seem that those people don't frequent these boards though!

Just goes to show, the internet is somewhere to go if no one else will listen to your oppinion!!

(I'm kidding of course, don't lynch me :) )

d31b0y wrote: »
    Actually, anybody that I personally know that went thinks the food was decent (not amazing or anything but decent), the toilets were spotless and the atmosphere was great. It would seem that those people don't frequent these boards though!

Just goes to show, the internet is somewhere to go if no one else will listen to your oppinion!!

(I'm kidding of course, don't lynch me :) )

I took 6 ladies home from there the other night and they said it came to about 40 a head. I think a lot of that was on wine judging by one of the casualties. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I took 6 ladies home from there the other night and they said it came to about 40 a head. I think a lot of that was on wine judging by one of the casualties. :D

Six ladies - You lucky man. I know where i'm going on Saturday night:p

• Advertisement

Box09 wrote: »
    Six ladies - You lucky man. I know where i'm going on Saturday night:p

More like five - one couldnt walk thanks to vino rosso. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Their number... Mauzac 01 2870029

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Food was indeed 'decent' but having to wait half an hour for food wasn't what I expected for a tapas bar. It seems to me that they'd be better off pre-preparing dishes that people could then take if they fancied them - like they do in Spain :rolleyes:

It was busy when we were there and they were turning people away whilst most of the customers were sitting there with empty plates.

Reasonable value at €50ish for two people including vino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

€40 a head, and that was just the taxi fare ;)

I think the prices are very reasonable compaired to other restraunts in the area. I have no complaints about the place, you have to get there early becuase it is popular but the food was nice and the place was clean.
    It is the kind of place where you can chat between dishes with a drink and not be worried about how long it takes, you can take your time without stuffing yourself full straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 joinerydivision

just thought i'd offer my opinon as 6 of us tried out the new tapas bar on friday night and we were hugely impressed. the food is gorgeous, service and staff were so friendly and a great atmosphere. the unisex toilets dont bother me the slightest (but i'm used to that as its quite common in London where I spent a few years) and the place was spotless.

we were so pleasantly surprised at the bill, 187 for 6 of us and that was a bottle of 25quid white wine, a bottle of 19 quid red, several beers, and a ton of grub. I would highly recommend it, all 6 of us thought it was fantastic. the manager was a really nice guy who was bantering with us but not in our faces at the same time.

one thing i loved is that they didnt keep refilling our glasses, that is so common in London and drives me mad, its started to seep in a bit here in Ireland but at the tapas bar they didnt do this which I liked (just a personal gripe of mine when waiters use up a whole bottle on 3 glasses in one refill to make you spend more money.

well worth checking out for an inexpensive and lovely night out

Anyone know if the new cafe directly around the corner from Mauzac, (on the main st) is owned/managed by the same people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Rasmus wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new cafe directly around the corner from Mauzac, (on the main st) is owned/managed by the same people?

seperate i think,good coffee in there btw and the breakfast is nice,manager/owner looks a bit sulky but he is in fact very attentive,kinda old school,i've been down a few times and i like it,still not as good as 3Q's fry up though,even if it is a lot cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

How much are the Tapas?

heavyballs wrote: »
    seperate i think,good coffee in there btw and the breakfast is nice,manager/owner looks a bit sulky but he is in fact very attentive,kinda old school,i've been down a few times and i like it,still not as good as 3Q's fry up though,even if it is a lot cheaper

I thought the new cafe was terrible - won't go into it because this is not the thread for it, but that's why I wondered if it was the same people running it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What is it with places looking for suggestions on what to serve?

Set a menu or rotate a menu, don't people know what they will serve before they open a place?

It's a great thing to see. Many places are not open to suggestions and this way people can have an input. If only more places were like that.

Do they have a website? Interested in prices and the likes :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement