Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psycho or Psychic

Options
  • 20-03-2010 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Ok so my partner and I decieded to stop trying not to get pregnant this month. Its literally been 4/5 days since ovulation and I have a weird feeling like small premenstrual cramps or dragging sensation in the uterine area!!! I was hoping to get a few months before anything happened to get a build up of folic acid and maybe lose a bit of weight(like 3 stone). No way I could know this early right! and It usually doesn't happen right away??? In fact we didn't even ttc on the ovulation day, more like three days before. I must be imagining it right???
    I guess the question is, to those who have concieved, how early did you know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

I've had exactly the same experience as you. We began 'not trying not to conceive' last year and my son was born 9 months and 2 weeks to the day after that decision was made! I was pretty sure about 4 days after I would normally have ovulated. My husband thought I was nuts but I knew. He thought we'd have plenty of time to 'get ready' (him to give up smoking, me to lose weight) but I kinda new that once we set out on that track we'd be going all the way, and quickly.

Don't worry too much about the folic acid - most cereals and some bread have it added and it's also contained in green vegetables, so you probably have a supply already. Just get the folic acid into you regularly from now on.

Re: the weight, I was also overweight and actually lost weight during the first few months. I didn't have morning sickness or anything, I just got on a healthy eating buzz (cravings for fruit and veg) and got into the habit of drinking loads of water every day. Breastfeeding afterwards helps too.

Good luck anyway, hope you get your big fat positive when it suits you and it all works out well. Check out rollercoaster.ie too, it'll keep you sane.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Jinxi wrote: »
    Ok so my partner and I decieded to stop trying not to get pregnant this month. Its literally been 4/5 days since ovulation and I have a weird feeling like small premenstrual cramps or dragging sensation in the uterine area!!! I was hoping to get a few months before anything happened to get a build up of folic acid and maybe lose a bit of weight(like 3 stone). No way I could know this early right! and It usually doesn't happen right away??? In fact we didn't even ttc on the ovulation day, more like three days before. I must be imagining it right???
    I guess the question is, to those who have concieved, how early did you know?

Any updates Jinxi?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Thanks bogtotty!
    I was beginning to think I had got no replies because everyone thought I was mental.
    Were your pre-missed period symptoms the same?
    The strange thing is (too much info coming up) that about two days after the post I got discharge(I did warn you) as if I was ovualting again!!! This hasn't happened before EVER!
    So there havent been any other symptom since except for a dodgy colon!!! WIll know around the 8th of April( menst. due).
    Started taking folic acid already. Also trying to go for a walk every day. Diet has always been pretty good. Portion control the main issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Have you tried a pregnancy test?

Have you tried a pregnancy test?

Her period is not due til 08th April.. nail biting time for yis :o

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

You dont have to wait for the next menstration period before you can take a pregnancy test.

re preg test...No not yet. My partner has banned it until I miss my period. He thinks I'm nuts, I'm begining to agree with him as there hasn't been any symptoms since.
    I know he is worried that I seem so excited and neurotic already and if we are not pregnant that he may have months of this. The weird thing is we have completley swaped roles. I was the one who was cautious and he has been ready to commit to getting pregnant for a year or more.
    I think he is just trying to protect me from any disappointment:confused:

You dont have to wait for the next menstration period before you can take a pregnancy test.

Yea there's a slight chance it will work but at a tenner a pop you don't really want to be doing them until instructed to tbh.. imho, plus why risk the negative result and be disheartened for the remainder of the month, I would just wait, but that's just me :)

I think he is just trying to protect me from any disappointment:confused:

He has a point, try not to put too much emphasis on this time, I know it's not easy :o just remember there will be plenty of other chances ;) don't stress yourself out :)

I definitley agree.I am usually the rational one. I am more shocked about how much emotion one invests when ttc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

Were your pre-missed period symptoms the same?
    It's all faded a bit but I remember getting quite bad cramps a couple of days after when I would have ovulated. I thought that was weird as they were too early for normal period cramps and so became convinced I was pregnant. A few days after that I had very light spotting and thought I was getting my period after all - then I read about implantation bleeding and went out and bought a test. Hey presto, a great big +. Magic! Mad the way you spend years actively avoiding it and then it becomes the best thing ever!

Congrats Bogtotty :)

Feeling pre-mentsrual:(

Feeling pre-mentsrual:(

Awe hun :o try not get too down about it, there's always next month.. Chin up X

Final vedit...psycho:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sorry to hear it. Good luck for next cycle.

Final vedit...psycho:rolleyes:

Not at all, I've been there myself, the ould phantom pregnancy :rolleyes: it's a curse :o once you know there's a possibilty you become so in tune with your body that you can mistake the smallest little signals for pregnancy, when before you probably wouldn't have even noticed them.. if that makes any sense :o

Best of luck for next time, and hey this just gives you more time to prepare :)

Advertisement