Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine telecoms and upload speeds

• 20-03-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am currently on the 7mb eircom package. Download speed is great but the upload is crap. I am trying to find a provider who can give me at least over 2.5mb/s.

The only company for around my area is Imagine telecommunications. Someone posted on the speedtest thread there performance for there 3mb broadband, with a upload of 2.9mb/s.

Are they any good? Eircom is very reliable but I hear that they fix connection issues before you know you have them, and with some other companies you have to pay or suffer with faulty connection lines.

Secondly, since Eircom released there new 24mb broadband, what are the chances they will start increasing the upload speed? Since more people are using youtube and other sites that require a good upload speed, wouldnt it be beneficial for them to focus on the upload?

Honsou.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The vast majority of people don't need much in the line of upload speed, so there's no incentive to increase this beyond what's currently there.

Advertisement