Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects at LC for accountancy?

Options
  • 20-03-2010 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place for a thread, but I thought ye leaving cert people might know...

So (obviously I haven't decided yet but) I'm thinking about becoming an accountant, because accounting in business is the only part of it I'm good at and that I find interesting and, believe it or not, kinda fun... :P
    But I was wondering what subjects you need for LC to be an accountant, obviously you'd need accounting, but is that all?

Btw, I'm in 3rd year, and have to decide my subject choice in a month or two, and I've been thinking about French, Geography, Accounting, Music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

You don't "need" any subject to become an accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You should look up http://www.qualifax.ie/

But from what I've seen there are no specific entry equipments; just the usual ones. I think only Sligo requires you to have accounting at leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If you didn't do business [which I presume you did] then don't do accounting because you will get confused and have to change to another subject.

There are many ways to be become an accountant, so see which route you would prefer to take.

www.careersportal.ie is a site that maybe useful

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

unknown13 wrote: »
    If you didn't do business [which I presume you did] then don't do accounting because you will get confused and have to change to another subject.

There are many ways to be become an accountant, so see which route you would prefer to take.

www.careersportal.ie is a site that maybe useful

Sorry but that bit is rubbish-I took up accontancy having not done busness at JC(Everyone else in the class had done business at JC) all it takes is a little bit of hard work at the start to get up 2 everyone elses standard.I'm easily the best in the class probably as I took an interest in the subject right from the beginning of 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sorry but that bit is rubbish-I took up accontancy having not done busness at JC(Everyone else in the class had done business at JC) all it takes is a little bit of hard work at the start to get up 2 everyone elses standard.I'm easily the best in the class probably as I took an interest in the subject right from the beginning of 4th year.
    I took it up after not doing business for my JC. What happened I had to drop the subject and do Geography instead because I was too far behind and hadn't done any form of accounting for three years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

Yeah I'm doing Business now, but don't really like the business and economics part so much, only the accounting.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement