Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for Almond Flour

Options
  • 20-03-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

A recipe I am using calls for almond flour - I am a ceoliac and I have no problems with nuts but my sister is allergic to nuts and as its an easter cake any suggetions on an alternative???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

There's a list of wheat flour substitutes here. I've had success with using rice flour before, there are rice flour sponge cake recipes online, plus it's cheaply available in most Asian shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

could you use soya flour if you are avoiding wheat? what are you baking :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I think it's time to find a new recipe. Can't think of a flour comparable to ground almonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Tree wrote: »
    I think it's time to find a new recipe. Can't think of a flour comparable to ground almonds.

Think so!!! Or make it for myself and feck my sister... Just remembered that gf chocolate cake you made years ago - nyommy :D:D

Advertisement