Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anton savage

• 20-03-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Anton is standing in for Ray d'arcey next week on today fm. . he,s not good doing the odd one out. very slow. other than that he is ok. what do the fans of ray think of him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Are there fans of Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

Poly wrote: »
    Are there fans of Ray?
    was going to add that but i thought no, i wait till you say it. but are there fans out there? anton will be a fresh air for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Anton Savage is a much better presenter than Ray Darcy. And The Odd One Out Quiz has run it's course and should be scrapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

blond45 wrote: »
    anton will be a fresh air for the week.

Heh heh.

I like Anton. He's good at doing Darcy's show, like Tom Dunne was.

What does Anton do anyway? A weekend show? Writer? Whaziz job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Poly wrote: »
    Are there fans of Ray?
    Im a fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

blond45 wrote: »
    Anton is standing in for Ray d'arcey next week on today fm. . he,s not good doing the odd one out. very slow. other than that he is ok. what do the fans of ray think of him?

He savage!

coldwood92 wrote: »
    Im a fan

Me too

*HI 5*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

He's like Ray was when he started out.......fun, quirky, random and doesn't take himself too seriously.

I can take or leave the show at this stage, but I'll be tuned in next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Fago! wrote: »
    Heh heh.

I like Anton. He's good at doing Darcy's show, like Tom Dunne was.

What does Anton do anyway? A weekend show? Writer? Whaziz job?

Son of Tom savage Chairman of the RTE Authority and Terry Prone.

Is that the sound of a penny dropping????;)

Blander than the icecream sold as the Blandly Bland King of icecreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

And abit of an expert regarding clamped out banger cars, tuned in one day that he was filling in for darcy and he was going on for about 10 minutes about car repairs:confused::confused: I had to turn it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And this seems to have earned him a Motors slot on The Last Word which is a waste of time - Cooper never lets him get a word in edge ways and any of the 'tips' he give you can read any day on the 'Motors' forum here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    He's like Ray was when he started out.......fun, quirky, random and doesn't take himself too seriously.

+1... I think he works in that PR agency his mother runs. To be fair to Ray, I guess it's easier to sound chilled out and laidback if you only do the show one week out of every 26 or so. If you've been doing it for a decade or so, it must be very difficult to keep it fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I might tune in for that. He is good alright. Nothing special, just does a decent job of presenting a show, doesn't think his opinion is really important, and doesn't use foul language when kids are listening. Makes a nice break from the Sanctimonious One. Hopefully he will keep Ray's fawning acolytes on a very tight leash (choke chain?).

Son of Tom savage Chairman of the RTE Authority and Terry Prone.

Is that the sound of a penny dropping????;)

Blander than the icecream sold as the Blandly Bland King of icecreams.

What's all this penny business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

He could be hitlers son and I'd still listen to him.

Saying that, same thing happened with Tom Dunne. Everyone loved him on Darcy's show, then when he got his own show, they turned on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Fago! wrote: »
    He could be hitlers son and I'd still listen to him.

Saying that, same thing happened with Tom Dunne. Everyone loved him on Darcy's show, then when he got his own show, they turned on him.

I think the fact he only plays a handful of songs each show goes against him.. He is not cut out for a talk only radio show.. when he was on today fm his chatting was built around the music.. on newstalk he's talking more or less for three hours.. A couple of weeks ago they were talking about hoovers:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

they should let him take over ray darcy alltogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I think the fact he only plays a handful of songs each show goes against him.. He is not cut out for a talk only radio show.. when he was on today fm his chatting was built around the music.. on newstalk he's talking more or less for three hours.. A couple of weeks ago they were talking about hoovers:confused:

Heh heh heh. I've said it before and I'll say it again. No one can waffle like Tom Dunne. And I really enjoy it. :D

Keep it up Tom, dont mind the begrudgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I like him, He is well educated and can be argumentative as well.

He is a fine bit of stuff ...

anton_savage_4009763_display.jpg

I'd give him one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

they should let him take over ray darcy alltogether.
    ah yes but then he,l get tired and worn out like Ray has. i like ray but he has lost his sence of humor. he was lively and more up beat when he started. think he should chill out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Cool. I'll be listening also... it makes a nice change. Gave up listening to Ray early last year.

I wish Ray would change his format. Aften 10 years its very tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

When Anton is on the "Vincent Browne" show" vinny gives the poor divil a hard time. He is well able for him though:)

Advertisement