Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frame Labels in Flash

• 20-03-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

hi,
    Hope someone can help. I am about to tear my hear out.
    Have to do a flash presentation..has to be 3 minutes long and use "labels".
    So, each new page will have a label name.

So, I have a layer entitled "labels" and I put in the first layer name "intro" and inserted background, text etc on different layers. That layer works fine and button jumps to menu page.

So, onto creating the menu page...I insert a new keyframe (just directly after the last frame in the "intro" label) and enter a new label "menu".

Starts to all go wrong from there...I cannot insert text in the contents layer where I want text to appear (and disappear)...it seems I have to put the text in the same frame number in the content layer as the "menu" label.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 h4ck573r

dellas1979 wrote: »
    hi,
    Hope someone can help. I am about to tear my hear out.
    Have to do a flash presentation..has to be 3 minutes long and use "labels".
    So, each new page will have a label name.

So, I have a layer entitled "labels" and I put in the first layer name "intro" and inserted background, text etc on different layers. That layer works fine and button jumps to menu page.

So, onto creating the menu page...I insert a new keyframe (just directly after the last frame in the "intro" label) and enter a new label "menu".

Starts to all go wrong from there...I cannot insert text in the contents layer where I want text to appear (and disappear)...it seems I have to put the text in the same frame number in the content layer as the "menu" label.

Can anyone help?

wow, you got it all wrong...

maybe it should look like this

intro |0|0|0|0|0|0|0|
    scene1.....................|0|0|0|0|0|0|

or
    /
    /
    scene 1 /
    layer 1 |0|0|0|

how about it?
    send me a screen shot of layers so I can see what you are doing and what exactly are you confused about.
    Or if the project is not a top secret one send the file for a look up, I am so bored this days that I might even help with the project :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

We are kinda supposed to use labels.
    Sent you PM.

Advertisement