Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco vouchers and Irish Ferries.

Options
  • 20-03-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope this is the right forum for this.
    I was going to use some Tesco vouchers to book a ferry from France to Ireland. I don't have the vouchers yet but I went on to check the price and if I use the vouchers on a one way from Cherberg to Rosslare it is costing me 70E more for the crossing and 20E more for the cabin. Is this a normal thing for the clubcard vouchers? Do Stenaline do this aswell? I will ring them, but considering I don't physically have the vouchers yet, I thought I would ask here first.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

I was going to use some Tesco vouchers to book a ferry from France to Ireland. I don't have the vouchers yet but I went on to check the price and if I use the vouchers on a one way from Cherberg to Rosslare it is costing me 70E more for the crossing and 20E more for the cabin. Is this a normal thing for the clubcard vouchers? Do Stenaline do this aswell? I will ring them, but considering I don't physically have the vouchers yet, I thought I would ask here first.
    Thanks

Tesco treats its suppliers like shlt and Irish Ferries treated its Irish employees like shlt.

Wouldn't have anything to do with either, even if I had to starve and had no other way of leaving this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thanks

The same query cropped up on here a couple of weeks ago, when someone else was in the same boat:pac:.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055848273&highlight=clubcard

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

uriah wrote: »
    Tesco treats its suppliers like shlt and Irish Ferries treated its Irish employees like shlt.

Wouldn't have anything to do with either, even if I had to starve and had no other way of leaving this island.

I'm certain that the OP will thank you for your input, irrelevant bullsh1t though it may be.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

So it seems the only way to get around this is simply not use the vouchers on Irish ferries:eek: Seems pointless offering them for this use in the first place:confused:

Advertisement