Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag. Science Experiment...

Options
  • 20-03-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

i need my project for next week and i am missing the results for 2 experiments, any tips on what to do in this sitituation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Redo the experiment perhaps? Would that not be the first option?

You need to give a bit more details...what's the experiment on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

mark182 wrote: »
    i need my project for next week and i am missing the results for 2 experiments, any tips on what to do in this sitituation
    Maybe tell us what experiments your missing and I/we'll have a look for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Stargazer7 wrote: »
    Redo the experiment perhaps? Would that not be the first option?

I would redo them but dont have access to the materials before it has to be handed up. i'm missing the results and conclusion of "to dissect and examine a sheep's heart" experiment....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

well to be fair result and conclusion for a dissection: what did you see when you dissected the heart?

and why can't you ask your teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 triedtwice

Can you still get full marks in the experiments section if you only have one experiment in each of the prescribed areas????:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

triedtwice wrote: »
    Can you still get full marks in the experiments section if you only have one experiment in each of the prescribed areas????:confused:
    I think that's all you need...though I do have two for all of the areas. maybe you need two then:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

triedtwice wrote: »

Technically yes, but one experiment is the minimum in each section. It pisses me off to go into a school and see a student with a copy with only 6 experiments in it and for example getting full marks in soil and you ask them what types of particles are found in soil and how they might go about determining the percentage of each one and they can't tell you anything because they only experiment they did was on pH where they stuck some soil in a beaker of water, swirled it around and stuck in some pH paper. They're not getting 10/10 from me for that performance.

Remember any idiot can copy the experiments out of the book. You still have to be able to back up your knowledge, otherwise everyone would be getting full marks.

Advertisement