Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guanteed Google first page.

Options
  • 20-03-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

hi all,
    i got an unsolicited email this week which claims to gaurantee you front page
    on google for a full year or you dont pay for the days you dont make it.
    it was from an SEO company who charged 399 sterling plus vat for this service.
    i would consider that good value if it was possible to gaurantee.
    should i just bin the email or is there a service like this available.
    thanks for any suggestions,
    kevin.

www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I've similar queries you can optimize your page on Google by setting it as your home page, so more hits.

I am looking for a company to put our site on search engines with SEO but have come to the conclusion that it is better to employ someone in irelnad.

Look up web design on the net I have found someone here who is alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

hi all,
    thanks for your replys.
    anywhere on the first page would do me fine, is there going to be much
    differance between top 5 and top 10.i doubt it.
    it certainly would be a whole lot better than where i am now.
    the majority of thr terms you have used mean absolutely nothing to me

am i wasting time trying to achive this on my own and should i pay good money to ensure i get to the front page

thanks again,
    kev.
    www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

No reputable company will ever promise that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Talk to companies with a clue

Anyone making stupid promises isn't worth dealing with

Sure - they can probably get you onto the first page for some completely obtuse and useless keyword. What use is that to you?

• Advertisement

demoreino wrote: »
    hi all,
    thanks for your replys.

am i wasting time trying to achive this on my own and should i pay good money to ensure i get to the front page

thanks again,
    kev.
    www.iwmotorhomes.ie

here, let me explain:

I can get you to number 1 for "purple smelly dishwashers" but what use is that to you???

Same as the cowboys who rang you up...ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hello. You are already on first page in google, that is if someone is searching for "ireland west motorhomes". The problem is that people wont really be using that search term. You need to research what terms people are searching that could lead to your site concentrate on that.
    Advanced Search
    Search: the web pages from Ireland
    Search Results

1. Ireland West Motorhomes, Castlebar

Enjoy a holiday with a differance.explore a new part of Ireland every day. Motorhome/Campervan rental from as little as ... View this entry now!
      galway.yalwa.ie/ID_103221773/Ireland-West-Motorhomes.html
    2. Ireland West Motorhomes | Irish Business Directory | Free ...

Motorhome/Campervan rental company based in the heart of the beautiful west of Ireland, castlebar - Ireland West Motorhomes | Irish Business Directory ...
      irishbusiness.info/Ireland_West_Motorhomes-157.html - Cached
    3. Campervans Ireland.com - Campervans, Motorhome, RV Rental and ...

campervans ireland, motorhomes, rv, sales, rentals ... Ireland West Motorhomes Castlebar Co. Mayo Tel:+353 (0) 94 906 0300. Mob:+353 (0) 87 638 5757 ...
      www.campervansireland.com/motorhomerentals.php - Cached - Similar
    4. Ireland West Motorhomes Contact Details

Ireland West Holiday Motorhomes hire, a camper van rental company based in Mayo.
      www.iwmotorhomes.ie/pages/contact.us.html - Cached
    5. New caravans Westlink Caravans Cork Ireland

Building A Motorhome We Can Supply Cookers,SinksTaps, Skylights, Blinds, Window Rubber, Water Tanks,Thermoglas window covers for Ford Transit and Fiat ...
      westlinkcaravans.ie/ - Cached - Similar
    6. Motorhome Rental - Rent an RV in Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Aiport

We can now offer motorhome rental in Ireland, with great rates, and a good sized fleet. ... Connacht contains 5 counties along Ireland's west coast. ...
      www.worldwide-motorhome-hire.com/.../motorhome.../ireland/ - Cached - Similar
    7. Auto Trader UK - This Week in Auto Trader Magazine | Your weekly ...

Motorhome and Caravan Trader · Top Marques · Truck and Plant Trader ... About Capital CarsRep. of IrelandNorthern IrelandWest MidlandsNorth East & YorkshireNorth London & East of ... Coverage: Ireland, West Ireland, Republic of Ireland ...
      www.autotrader.co.uk/common/magazine/magazine.jsp - Cached - Similar
    8. Caravan Bargain - Static Caravans, Motorhomes, Camper Vans and ...

Touring Caravans, Campers & Motorhomes. North West England, North East ... Motorhomes & Holiday Static Caravans for Sale in the UK & Ireland - The Easy Way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

That's all very positive - as a stand alone - but that term has a Global Monthly Search of <10. In reality then, that's not the term to be fighting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

hi all,
    thanks for your replys.

thanks again,
    kev.
    www.iwmotorhomes.ie

The difference from organic traffic all things being equal between a top 1-3 placement and 4-10th is HUGE. An approx stat would be that position 1 gets in excess of 40% of clicks, 2nd about 11%, 3rd 8%-meaning that from 4th-10th will on average get less between them than 40% of visits combined. These vary of course per niche but give an idea of the importance of being at least in the top 3.

Any SEO company that "guarantees" any sort of organic results is talking through their backside so to be avoided.

D.W wrote: »
    The difference from organic traffic all things being equal between a top 1-3 placement and 4-10th is HUGE. An approx stat would be that position 1 gets in excess of 40% of clicks, 2nd about 11%, 3rd 8%-meaning that from 4th-10th will on average get less between them than 40% of visits combined. These vary of course per niche but give an idea of the importance of being at least in the top 3.

Any SEO company that "guarantees" any sort of organic results is talking through their backside so to be avoided.

Words into pictures...

Google%20heat%20map.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

thanks for all the advice everyone.
    there is obviously a lot more to it than i thought.
    and its far more important to get top three than i would have imagined.

i wonder what percentage of people even click the second page and beyond.
    its seldom i do anyway.

thanks again,

kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

thanks for all the advice everyone.
    there is obviously a lot more to it than i thought.
    and its far more important to get top three than i would have imagined.

i wonder what percentage of people even click the second page and beyond.
    its seldom i do anyway.

thanks again,

kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Again it would depend on what someone is searching for but I'd be suggesting that a page 2 listing even if its top of page 2 would get less than 1% of searches at best.

All things considered, putting your link in every post will probably give you some little bit of a boost...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

djhanleys wrote: »
    There are few companies in ireland as well.
    i am currently doing for my business and they are really good.
    I got my site on google first page.But it took 3-4 months and they did it at low cost.
    I was also confused in starting like you. Then I found seoireland
    and my website in on top of google.ie.
    Ask them if they can help you in this matter.
    They provides a reliable service.
    There are a lot of other seo companies in Ireland.
    Try to chhose a company from Ireland. Do not look outside, They can make false Promises.

They don't look they come from Ireland judging from the bad grammar on the website. Speaking of awful grammar......

djhanleys wrote: »
    There are few companies in ireland as well.
    i am currently doing for my business and they are really good.
    Then I found seoireland
    and my website in on top of google.ie.
    Ask them if they can help you in this matter.
    They provides a reliable service.
    There are a lot of other seo companies in Ireland.
    Try to chhose a company from Ireland. Do not look outside, They can make false Promises.

I emailed them this morning and they seem very expensive €50 to €100 per month. I don't think they are Irish as it is a .com company also bad grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

djhanleys, what is your relationship with seoireland?

Most of your posts are promoting this company to the extent that it's looking like spam.

I wouldn't advise using them at all. I've checked some of their pages and not once do they use a heading tag or a strong tag which is very basic seo. They didn't even do their own website and use fonts tags and no external stylesheet.

They're listed at number 20 in Google for 'seo ireland' which given their domain name is bad.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

djhanleys - I think you'd say more than your prayers!

That site is shocking, absolutely frightening in terms of SEO and a basic command of the English language. They can't be serious when they say they will provide an SEO service!!! It's a perfect example of people who really don't give a fcuk about providing a proper SEO service.

More interestingly the people who 'designed' the site, with a bucket and spade by the looks of things, are a Dublin based 'design' company.

Their address: 1, Wood Lane, Museum, Dublin 7.

Strangely enough I know Wood Lane - as I lived beside it and there is nothing at 1 Wood Lane! and there is no district called "Museum"!

The common thread between the two sites is appalling seo and applying use of grammar.

If anyone even considered contacting them, they should have a lobotomy.

So, DJ, the best thing here for you, IMO, would be to stop defending the indefensible.

tricky D wrote: »
    djhanleys, what is your relationship with seoireland?

Most of your posts are promoting this company to the extent that it's looking like spam.

Thats exactly what I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

£399 + vat for guaranteed first page? But for what keywords - I would defo take it providing it's on a "no win no fee" basis.

Guys get with it, if you're looking for SEO done properly, you're going to be paying a LOT more than 50/100 Euro per month...

• Advertisement

We're paying €32/month for hosting and SEO to get top 3 listing. The only draw back it is an English company so no money is being kept in the country. But in reality, money speaks, it is the cheapest we have come across. It is a very good service, they always call back. The web page which has muliple pages was designed for £539.

Advertisement