Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

man boobs

Options
  • 20-03-2010 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all.
    im 6ft 3,20st 6 (5 weeks ago) now 20st.have started the gym to get the weight down.im doing ok,loosing a bit.

but i need advice on how to get rid of my man boobs.the fella in the gym put me on the chest press machine to help.they are v embarrasing wearing t-shirts and i often get upset about them.

any tips,help or advise would be great.

ta, s
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bubblyone

hoopsyeah wrote: »
    hi all.
    im 6ft 3,20st 6 (5 weeks ago) now 20st.have started the gym to get the weight down.im doing ok,loosing a bit.

but i need advice on how to get rid of my man boobs.the fella in the gym put me on the chest press machine to help.they are v embarrasing wearing t-shirts and i often get upset about them.

any tips,help or advise would be great.

ta, s

Main thing will be losing fat in general. You're not going to manage to spot reduce. The chest press will build your pecs so your chest will look better when the fat is gone...but they are essentially fat. They'll go with the rest if you have a caloric deficit by eating a bit less, cardio and weight training. The usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Lose weight is the big thing. Most man boobs disappear with weight loss. There is an operation you can get if you lose the weight and they are still there, but that's a long way off.

You can't spot reduce. The best way to shift fat is a clean diet and burn a lot of calories.

Bench press is better than chest press anyway, unless you are pregnant and can't lie on your back.

There is a website www.lessbounce.co.uk which sells a lot of man bras to guys in your situation, they sort of squash everything down and nothing shows under your t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

As the others have said, the battle for your chest will be won with diet. I've heard (and a bit of a google confirms) that too much beer can be a contributing factor. You're going the right way though. Keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I was 19st 8pounds before and im just 6ft. I went on a clean diet and exercised. I only exercised 3 times a week for 1 hour at a time due to an injury. I lost my man boobs no problem but is hard work. I cut out all sweets, chocolate, takeaway food, I did not have anything bad at all for 11 weeks and the weight fell off. I didnt do any weights at all.

So it is possible u just have to believe is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hoopsyeah

thanks a lot guys for your replys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

dude your 20st(presumably mostly fat)....of course ur gonna have man boobs...whats depressing is when ur in good shape like me and u still kind have them(i dont have moobs but they go kinda soft which sucks)

Advertisement