Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Camera to Buy???

• 20-03-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey

I'm trying to get a decent Digital Camera for my girlfriend, I think I've narrowed it down to three decent choices but i no feck all about digital cameras really! They are

1. Olympus FE 47/ X43
    2. Panasonic Lumix DMC FS10
    3. Panasonic Lumix DMC FS12

which one do people think is the bets one? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has a better option at a similar price range that would be great stuff.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

none of those seem to have HD video, which is always a nice add on.

This one has:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FH20-Digital-Stabilized-2-7-Inch/dp/B00395Y9OQ

Looks like a bargain to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stethetarf

Thanks for that, I don't think HD Video will be a problem, if she knows what HD is i'd be surprised ha ha, she's more of a technophobe than i am!

how would you rate the 4 cameras in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

none of those seem to have HD video, which is always a nice add on.

I think the FS10 has HD video (720p) and optical image stabilisation. It looks like a lot of camera for the price.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2010/02/12/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FS10/p1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ah, missed that. Not bad. But the one I posted, which is brand spanking new, kicks it's ass tbh.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD

megapixel count isn't much to go by I know, but may as well have it at similar price, plus the better zoom range.

Suggested pricing on amazon looks well in range too -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00395Y9OQ/ref=dp_olp_new_map?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Hmmm thinking of getting my other half a camera as well. Just one for out and about but would be nice to get one thats good! Ill have a look at that lumix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SammyJ

@stethetarf & jank: have you guyz considered the Canon PowerShot series? That's what I'm planning on getting in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stethetarf

hey Sammy yeah I was looking at the Powershot range also, Canon would be my choice but I don't think they look the most feminine ha ha, think I'll go with the FS10 or FH20 from Panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

jank wrote: »
    Hmmm thinking of getting my other half a camera as well. Just one for out and about but would be nice to get one thats good! Ill have a look at that lumix

Was in currys today and deal on, 40 bucks off the fs10. Deal is fs10 & 4gb sd card & carrier case for 189 - Was checking out reviews online and reckon great camera for the price

Advertisement