Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q about applying for 2nd year as a mature

Options
  • 21-03-2010 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can anyone help me with a query. its a bit away yet, but I'm starting a Level6 Fine arts course in September. Hoping to apply to NCAD for Sept 2011. My tutor tells me that after Level 6 I can go apply to 2nd year as the Level 6 Fine Arts course is the equivelent of 1st year core studies.
    Anyway as a mature student does anyone know if they keep places for mature students in 2nd year? I'm thinking that any mature students applying for 2nd year will have already been there since first year so therefore will get priority. won't they?
    I really don't know what to do. I'm doing this with a view to secondary teaching.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Ell69 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a query. its a bit away yet, but I'm starting a Level6 Fine arts course in September. Hoping to apply to NCAD for Sept 2011. My tutor tells me that after Level 6 I can go apply to 2nd year as the Level 6 Fine Arts course is the equivelent of 1st year core studies.
    Anyway as a mature student does anyone know if they keep places for mature students in 2nd year? I'm thinking that any mature students applying for 2nd year will have already been there since first year so therefore will get priority. won't they?
    I really don't know what to do. I'm doing this with a view to secondary teaching.:)

Way too complicated for here. Give Eoin a shout in Admissions (but since portfolios are this week and he's up to his eyes I'd wait till next week.

Advertisement