Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Does content licence transfer tool move game saves?

• 21-03-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I recently bought an Elite xbox 360 to replace my existing 360 and Im going to use the online Content Licence Transfer Tool to transfer my stuff -

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

But it doesnt say what happens to my game saves in the faq. Do they transfer? If not, how do I transfer my game saves. I do not have a memory card.

Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You'll need an official MS memory card or the hard drive transfer kit unfortunately.

Try searching this forum for "transfer" and you should find the transfer kit trading thread, if you ask nicely there someone might send you one. Otherwise you'll have to buy it off Microsoft/ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Cheers tman. In Game yesterday they told me that you can only use the transfer cable once? Is that a misunderstanding about the process (ie the cable can be reused but the process cannot be repeated)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well it moves all of the content from one hard drive to another, so in a sense you only really need to use it once.
    There's nothing to stop you from using it again to put everything back on the old hard drive, or to transfer to a new one.

/edit
    Actually I think you can only transfer to a drive of the same size or bigger, so you couldn't transfer from a 120GB back to a 60GB one

Advertisement