Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women refs.....

• 21-03-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

I'm in favour of them!

But why aren't Fifa? Are they not an equal opportunities employer? :confused:

How come there are no women refs in the top tier of the game?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're all too busy making the tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Because refereeing is about being consistent. Bam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

because players would be distracted by their bouncing bosoms etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I'm sure there are some women ref's out there better than some currently reffing in England anyways.

However, i wouldn't like to see them ref men's football just like i wouldn't like to see women playing football with men.

I'm not saying they wouldn't be good enough, just i don't know about the environment, could you imagine a group of players ganging up and berating a female ref the way sometimes happens as is? Although having said that, i'm wondering if Di Canio would have pushed a female ref and how long the ban would have been :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

kryogen wrote: »
    because players would be distracted by their bouncing bosoms etc..

And then even if you got some aul' wan in, it'd distract Wayne Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I can already see the Sun headlines...

Mark Clatten-bird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Could you imagine the delays to games as they try decide which ref's kit to go out in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Could you imagine the delays to games as they try decide which ref's kit to go out in?
    Sorry but your going to have to wear a differrent kit you cant wear those stripes with those shorts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

OMG! That lineswoman is wearing the EXACT same outfit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Because Its FIFA and they dont make decisions that make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well there was a woman ref who officiated a Championship game, she was a lineswoman but the referee got injured. Plenty of men referee womens leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I'm in favour of them!

But why aren't Fifa? Are they not an equal opportunities employer? :confused:

How come there are no women refs in the top tier of the game?
    Maybe because there arent many women wanting to be refs.....
    When did fifa say they weren't:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Women dont understand football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's none in the top league because I'd imagine they make up a tiny percentage of refs and there's only so many who can ref the biggest games. Many seem to be coming into the game more recently too so they are serving their time as linesmenwomen first.

Advertisement