If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips TV

Options
  • 21-03-2010 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi John & Company,

Moving house so looking forward to pimpin the new living room out!!

Interested in a new TV 40" or bigger Full HD 100 Hz and LED would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

Some of the philips caught my eye with their neat ambi-light - the 40pfl8664h or the bigger LCD 47pfl8404h.

I understand philips are bringing out new models, so I would be prepared to buy an outgoing model if it was cut price! :D or wait if the picture is well improved!

Also would like to add a soundbar and a blu ray.
    I've seen the samsung soundbars with integrated bluray but think this may be beyond my budget - so would settle for a wall-mountable one eg

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/blu-ray-player/blu-ray-player/BD-P4600/XEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl=

and then id buy a seperate wall mountable soundbar!

My budget is around €1500

Let me know what you could do!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Briandragon

We can certainly help you regarding the Philips TV's no worries.

The 40PFL8664H is a very nice set (basically the LED edge Lit version of the standard 8 series TV's)
    This TV has recently been reduced from €1499.99 to €1299.99 in store so after you use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount it can be yours for only €1169.99:)

The 47PFL8404 doesnt have LED back lighting but is in all other respects feature wise the same - this is a dynamite TV.
    We sell this TV for €1499.99 in store so its yours for €1349.99 after your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount is applied.
    Call on in and have a look, both are on display, and see what you think.
    I love the 47PFL8404 - It's a great size and produces an excellent image. It would make a great Home Cinema centerpiece, esp' fed from a BR player and UPC/SKY HD.

There will be a new range released over the coming months and the bulk of the sets will use one form or other of LED Backlit tech, however these TV's will be more expensive than the current range.
    The current range is fantastic value at this time......

The Richer Sounds guys (Kenny or Dave) will be able to guide you on the Samsung sound bars.

I can offer you the Philips BDP2500 for €129.99 (reduced from €149.99) and I have a couple of the Philips HTS6120 DVD soundbars for only €299.99 (these have been reduced from €549.99!!)

Have a look at the spec's here - http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts6120_12/hts6120_12_pss_eng.pdf

I only have a handfull of these remaining however....

Once again all these are on diplay and I'd be happy to guide you through them all.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers
    Ash

I should have mentioned the 42PFL8404, dont know how I forgot this TV!
    This is a bargain, €999.99 in store or use your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and it's yours for €899.99.

here's the spec
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl8404h_12/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

a very sweet TV all round.
    Ambilight, 100Hz, 3ms response time, more inputs than you'll (possibly?) need
    Great image quality, NET TV plus loads more....

Well worth checking out.

This will help keep the budget intact - unless you want to s-t-r-et-c-h it abit....

atb
    Ash

Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

MOD COMMENT:

@Mark2000ie, Mixie,

I've snipped your posts to delete references to another retailer.

Please read the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", inparticular the part that says:

"Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds."

If you have a problem with a purchase from another retailer, this is not the place to pursue it.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 briandragon

Ash,

The 42PFL8404 at €899 sounds like something I'd be interested in!
    Is it on display in Philips Shop?

Is there any difference picture wise between your LEDs and LCDs?

Oh and can somebody in Richersounds please give me a quote for a SAMSUNG HT-BD8200. As if I got a good deal I will buy both the 42PFL8404 and soundbar!

Thanks Guys!
    Brian

• Advertisement

Hi Brian

The 42PFL8404H is on display instore so feel free to call on in and have a looksee at it.

I have 'em in stock so you can walk out with one under your arm:)

It really is an excellent TV.....

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.