Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It is EURO not EUROS

• 21-03-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Now. I am sick to death of listening to, so called economic correspondents and people on RTE referring to the Euro as Euros.

The term Euros simply does not exist. Are we the only country that can't get our head around this simple word???

It is constantly used in news paper articles and on the radio and television by ordinary and so called skilled people.

Even our Government is the same.

Why can't people get it right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

who gives a **** tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

NickDrake wrote: »
    Now. I am sick to death of listening to, so called economic correspondents and people on RTE referring to the Euro as Euros.

The term Euros simply does not exist. Are we the only country that can't get our head around this simple word???

It is constantly used in news paper articles and on the radio and television by ordinary and so called skilled people.

Even our Government is the same.

Why can't people get it right.

Is it really that important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Why do we have the need to add the 's'. So called experts don't actually know it is wrong. Thats the problem. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

well coloqially throughout europe people says euros.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

whats the big deal about saying euros! nearly everyone i know says that.. and you wouldnt go out saying oh im going to the post office to get 500 euro for holidays that would be weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Another death blow dealt to the discipline...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

NickDrake wrote: »
    Why do we have the need to add the 's'. So called experts don't actually know it is wrong. Thats the problem. .
    You rarely see economics experts in the media.

Check out the elocution of the main Irish economists:
    Philip Lane
    Patrick Honohan
    Karl Whelan

and tell PM me if you catch the use of "euros". Until then, locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement